Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was trying to start up my bike for the 1st time this season and it was giving me problems. I had it started for a few minutes but everytime I gave it throttle it died out. After a few tries it just stopped turning over. Like an idiot I decided to adjust the idle and now I dont know how to set it back where it was. I tried changing the spark plugs and I drained the gas and put new gas. Now that that is done it cranks but wont turn over. It just backfires once in a while.
I dont know much about fixing it but hopefully someone can help me figure out where to start

·
Registered
149 Posts
Try cranking it and if it doesn't catch, go to wide open throttle and keep cranking until it starts. No more than 30 second at a time. Turn the key off in between attempts if you do this multiple times so the headlights will turn off. When you try to start and it doesn't, the headlights come on after the failed attempt. If you don't shut the key off, that takes voltage away from the starter on your next attempt.

Once it's running and warmed up, adjust the idle again to where you think it should be.

I would also check your air filter/box to make sure you don't have any mouse nests in the air box and look around for eaten wiring. You may have some gummed up carbs that are causing issues too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts