Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2001 Yamaha R6 earlier this year. I am looking for any advice or ideas in regards to my electrical problems. I had it out a few times before I noticed the battery was overheating. My low beams went out while I was riding, then a couple days later my high beams went out. After that I bought a new battery, headlights, and replaced the main fuse thinking that maybe this all happened from jumping my bike with a car. Checked the volts on the new battery and it sits right around 12.6-12.8. I turned the bike on to get a read while its revved a little bit and it was super high like 19.5. I checked out the rectifier/regulator and the thing was fried. Bought a new one and after splicing some wires got it put back on. Seemed to be running great. Volts were sitting were they should be right around 14-14.5. Rode it around a few times probably a total of around 60-80 miles. Yesterday I drove it downtown Minneapolis to my buddies and right as I was pulling into his driveway I thought I noticed my speedo and dash lights flicker. rode it around the block and it flickered a few more times. Pulled it back into my buddies driveway waited about 20 minutes and went back out to start it. When I tried to start it, the battery was to weak to fully crank it and then just started clicking and would not even try to turn it over. my dash lights and headlights still come on when I turn the key, possibly slightly dimmer then usual (cant really tell). Any ideas what could possible be going on??? I was thinking maybe the stator? but electrical is certainly not my area of expertise! Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts