Sport Bikes banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used R6 that sat for years, and it ran good up to 1/3 throttle... lots of throttle response and power for that amount of throttle, but after 1/3 it just layed over. My cousin volunteered to rebuild them and he sonic cleaned a LOT of old gas resin out them, rebuild kit installed, and sent them back. I have full range of throttle but there's no sudden power band power coming on like it should have, and it did have it before the rebuild. I decided it was good enough for me and started riding it... until it just quit on a ride. I let it sit for about 20 minutes and it started back up, and I got home. I noticed the temp was 186°when it quit. The next ride I took it died again at 180°, but after sitting it started back up. It died one more time before I got home but it restarted the next morning after sitting. The last time I started it, it quit at 125° before I left the driveway. It started the next day with the same result. I bought a new ECU box but it didn't help... dead at 125°. Today it got to 145° with a healthy sounding idle and just fell over idling like crap before dying a couple minutes later.
Can someone PLEASE tell me what's going on??? It has fresh 93 octane gas in the tank.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts