Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike has never had an issue. This Saturday I noticed I had to push the pedal all the way to get it to hold still at a stop sign. I have bled the system a couple of times (including elevating the caliper above the reservoir). Both pistons move freely. Any ideas?

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Bike has never had an issue. This Saturday I noticed I had to push the pedal all the way to get it to hold still at a stop sign. I have bled the system a couple of times (including elevating the caliper above the reservoir). Both pistons move freely. Any ideas?
The correct bleed is extremely important. Even after doing that I occasionally had a "free" rear brake pedal. Since I really didn't use the rear brake on mine it wasn't that big a deal, but the brick trick did work. Tie a brick to the rear pedal making sure it hangs below and above the garage floor while fully depressing the pedal. Leave it like that for 12-24 hours and it will work fine. I don't understand it, but it works.

Reactions: tex929rr

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The correct bleed is extremely important. Even after doing that I occasionally had a "free" rear brake pedal. Since I really didn't use the rear brake on mine it wasn't that big a deal, but the brick trick did work. Tie a brick to the rear pedal making sure it hangs below and above the garage floor while fully depressing the pedal. Leave it like that for 12-24 hours and it will work fine. I don't understand it, but it works.

Thanks - it's in process. I really enjoyed walking though the house with a brick, telling my wife I was going to work on her Aprilia.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Thanks - it's in process. I really enjoyed walking though the house with a brick, telling my wife I was going to work on her Aprilia.
I had a 2003 R and the brick trick would last for weeks before it needed to be repeated. Let me know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
You can do that with the front brake too to firm it up a bit. Tie wrap the lever back
I heard it leaves the system open so all the air bubbles float up to the reservoir. Seems to work though. My rear brake has worked OK since I got it with no crazy bleeding procedures though. I primarily use our for slow speed maneuvering.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts