Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, this is kind of a test just to see the reaction it gets. I dont REALLY wanna sell it but if i can get a good price then i will, i need to pay off some bills.

Kelly Blue Book says its worth $4860, so i'll start a lil below that and see what happens from there. i've had this bike for almost 4 years. It's in pretty much excellent condition with a few little scratches here in there, nothing major at all. It's been ridden probably 200 miles in 2 years. It's been extremely babied, rarely ever hittin above 8k rpm. Last fall i put new front and rear sprockets on it, new chain, new red bar ends, and i have a brand new set of the new Diablo Corsa III's that haven't been put on yet.

I INTENDED on stunting it and put a 60 tooth on the rear but im a sissy and never even attempted anything (due to being young and not able to afford repairs, so i bought a honda 50) so the mileage has been racking up quickly over a 2-3 year period. Computer shows about 16,000 miles but in reality it has about 12,000 or less i'd say.

I have some pics here. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/a_par...//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/a_paris_99/my_photos

these are old and i have cut down the rear fender, added some stickers, and has a Two Brothers slip-on. One thing i should add is sometimes when you start it cold, it will rev real low for about 5 seconds then rev normal but the FI light blinks. after its warm just turn it off and back on and it doesnt do it. I've looked in a manual and it says the "map sensor". im not even sure what that is and havent had time or funds to get it looked at. It's rare but sometimes happens.

Any questions feel free to ask. I havent even been keeping up with bikes lately so i dont even know what they are going for. i know i could sell it to a stunter but i hate the thought of it being trashed... but u buy it, do what u want with it i guess :cry

EDIT: also, i can get some higher quality updated pics here in the next day or so if i get some feedback, just let me know

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've tried to change the price in the title but it wont show so i'll just post here with $4300 obo... anyone?

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Just an FYI I hardly doubt that the odometer reading 16K means that the actual is around 12K.

Going down one tooth in the front on this bike adds ~5% error in the real odometer. Going down one tooth in the front is about equal to 3 teeth up in the back. So since you've added 15 teeth in the back, you've effectively increased the error to about 25%.

At a 25% error, you would have to ride it 16K miles in order for it to read 12K. Now, if you've had the bike since new, and it's always had that sprocket size on there, then it might actually only have 12K.

Take the number of miles you've put on the bike since you added the sprocket, multiply it by 0.75, and that's the actual amount of miles you've added since adding the sprocket.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, since i put it on there at about 3000 miles.. and my odometer actually reads 15,300, i still would guess it really has about 12000, give or take a few... i'm still going with my original estimate.. thnx anyway

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
If you've had a 60T rear sprocket for the last 3K miles (odometer) then you've actually only ridden 2250 miles since the sprocket, so that means your actual mileage is 14,550.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, let me explain since no one seems to get it...

~3000 miles - put on 60T sprocket
~12000 miles - PUT ON 46T STOCK SPROCKET
= 9000 miles ridden with 60 tooth

= 6750 real miles @ .75% difference + original 3000 miles

that makes it with ABOUT 9750 real miles, and i'll even add a few thousand to that... so can we agree on 10-12k?

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
01cbrf4i said:
OK, let me explain since no one seems to get it...

~3000 miles - put on 60T sprocket
~12000 miles - PUT ON 46T STOCK SPROCKET
= 9000 miles ridden with 60 tooth

= 6750 real miles @ .75% difference + original 3000 miles

that makes it with ABOUT 9750 real miles, and i'll even add a few thousand to that... so can we agree on 10-12k?
Oh I appologize, I read the post wrong. That means it's ~13K total.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts