Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my bike (2001 Honda cbr 600 f4i with 10,000 miles) the other day, got it to 90 just cruising. Stopped at a gas station, went to take off and I couldn’t get passed 57 mph.
Felt like it was gonna die on me, kept decreasing speed. Got home, and I went to start it about an hour later and nothing. Before this happened I replaced the fuel pressure regulator, spark plugs, and I have a quantum fuel systems fuel pump (I think the fuel pump isn’t the correct PSI to give fuel to my injectors). Today I cleaned the spark plugs because I was afraid I flooded it (smelling gas in my exhaust), and I cleaned my injectors. Put some fresh gas in it but it still wouldn’t start, sounded like the battery was dying so I gotta new battery and still nothing (I killed the battery trouble shooting it making sure I had spark and testing the fuel injectors). I did squirt some gas into the air intake manifold and it fired up for a second, tried to do it again and it wouldn’t do it. WHAT IS THE DEAL

·
Registered
33 Posts
So you rode it without any issue to a gas station and without touching any component, when you left the gas station it acted strange... Why would you "consider" the fuel pump was not the right one, since it operated normal just until you fueled-up; makes no sense! To me it "sounds" like vacuum building-up in your gas tank. Must be a clogged vent. You opened and closed the cap; go from there!
Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts