Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been out of town for several weeks. I came back and my room mate told me he had my bike in the yard and it fell over and sat for a few hours till he came back home from the store.

After this,

I went to ride my bike today and was playing around. When I try to pop the clutch to pull up into a wheelie the bike chops and cuts out 2-3 times then it picks back up and rides fine.

I tried just slamming the throttle wide open in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and the issue didn't happen. Only when I pop the clutch and give it some rpms.

The fuel injection light flashes on and off while this happens too.

Not sure if this could be fouled plugs from being sideways, or what could have gone wrong while it was just sitting.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I just put brand new ngk plugs in, and it's still cutting out when I pop the clutch for a wheelie.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure. The fuel injection light doesn't come on continuously. It's only random. When it starts to cut out it'll flash while it cuts out, then goes off when I ride it normally

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
to pull any stored error codes from your ecu: take off you rear seat, take out the little storage thing, and look for a yellow wire.
ground that wire, turn the ignition on and count long and short flashes, then look on 2-53 (page 99) of the manual to see what codes it has.

by the way how many bikes you had, and how much wrenching on them have you done? some of the jargon in the manual might be confusing at first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had 7 bikes, but I'm an aircraft mechanic and been wrenching on cars for about 8 years. Bikes are all first time doing things but I can just read around and figure it out most the time. Just can't find anything online similar to fhis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts