Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there Fellas,

I just got a 2000 GSXR 600 SRAD last friday that my Bro left me since he went deploy for a year. The Bike is starts and runs the only problem that I notice is that the Bike Cant run on Fisrt Gear it grinds on first, It runs fine in any other gear. But when I put in to first gear and let the clutch lever go is start making like scraping noise and grinding then it get stuck .But I can ride the Bike with no problem from 2 gear and up. HELP:tremble I would appreciate any ideas or help in this one. Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi there Fellas,

I just got a 2000 GSXR 600 SRAD last friday that my Bro left me since he went deploy for a year. The Bike is starts and runs the only problem that I notice is that the Bike Cant run on Fisrt Gear it grinds on first, It runs fine in any other gear. But when I put in to first gear and let the clutch lever go is start making like scraping noise and grinding then it get stuck .But I can ride the Bike with no problem from 2 gear and up. HELP:tremble I would appreciate any ideas or help in this one. Thanks in Advance

I'm guessing you have a significant tranny issue. Three things typically go wrong to cause shifting issues. Shift drum gets damaged, shift fork gets damaged, dogs on gears get worn and rounded. Typically when one develops an issue all three are affected and all three need replaced to correct issue. Typically 2nd gear is what most folks have problems but not unheard of.
Now, the risk of riding with worn parts could mean more metal shavings created, metal in the motor wear everything else out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts