Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!!

I currently have 2 bikes. A 01 GSXR and a 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4.

The Honda is currently have problems :)

I have already took the motor/trans out of the bike. What was happening was that when you shift into 2nd or 3rd gear and then hit the gas, it would pop right back out or grind rediciously loud.

I am a fairly decent car mechanic and have built numerous cars. How hard is it to work on these tranmissions? Should I take it somewhere and have it rebuilt.

Our local Honda shop wants $65 for 2nd gear and $65 for 3rd gear, then $28 for the gasket kit...

Thanks!

Smoke

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Send your complete transmission shafts to R&D transmissions or Fast by Gast or even APE...........

They all magnaflux trannies and replace every worn part needed and instead of replacing gears you get them all undercut.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Its probably in the neighborhood of 350-400 bucks. I couldnt tell you because I am a dealer and I get a different price.

What I do know is that if you have no cracks on the gears.........to have them welded saves you over a hundred bucks and you still get to have the bad ass undercut anyways.

Seriously, I hate standard transmissions and once you go undercut, you wont ever go back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering if you fixed it yourself or took it to a shop. We’re in the same situation. Bike won’t go into 2nd. My husbands a great car mechanic. Trying to decide if it’s worth trying to fix ourselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts