Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to trade in my 01 GSXR600 on a 2000 929 monday. It's at a dealer and has an undertail flushmounts and mig high mount 3/4 exhaust. They're asking 5900, is this reasonable?

I'm looking to get it for 1500 after my trade in, what are some tips for lowering their price or getting more for my trade? Also do you know what the HP gain a 3/4 exhaust is?

·
Registered
912 Posts
i got my 2001 929 for 4700 cash. It also had a rebulit title

·
Registered
183 Posts
The rebuilt title cuts the bike's value: It means the bike was totalled and then put back together.

According to Kelly Blue Book, a Y2K 929 is worth $4285 on trade in and $6205 if you bought it off the showroom floor. So, by NJ standards the dealer isn't overcharging. But I'd try and talk him down some more anyways - another $500 worth at least.

http://www.kbb.com

Scott :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It also says my bike is worth 3500 trade in, but when you consider that I have a 125 dollar x-ring chain, manual CCT,-1 down in front, Carbon Fiber RS-3 bolt on, hotbodies undertail, smoked windscreen etc I should get at least 4 grand for it.

I figure if I can talk them down to 5500 on the 929 and get 4 grand for my trade in I'll be good as long as the 929 is in good condition and hasn't been crashed like the other dealer I went to and they wanted 7500 for their crashed bike that was barely fixed.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Dude, your A/M parts ain't worth squat for adding value to you bike....FYI.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Meh2u said:
I'm going to trade in my 01 GSXR600 on a 2000 929 monday. It's at a dealer and has an undertail flushmounts and mig high mount 3/4 exhaust. They're asking 5900, is this reasonable?

I'm looking to get it for 1500 after my trade in, what are some tips for lowering their price or getting more for my trade? Also do you know what the HP gain a 3/4 exhaust is?

whats wrong with the gixxer? :confused:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why is it your business what I do with my bike? You can run from the police and crash yours and I can trade mine in on a 929.

·
Registered
681 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
whats wrong with the gixxer? :confused:
Meh2u said:
Why is it your business what I do with my bike? You can run from the police and crash yours and I can trade mine in on a 929.
OWNED!:lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts