Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was shopping around for a tool box and came across this. Seemed like a good deal.

Comes in a bajillion pieces.

All put together and it's plenty sturdy.

For bikes it's got decent work space.

The extra storage on bottom means I could re-organize my shelves.

Every toolbox needs stickers!

There are b***** and better out there, but this is great for someone just starting their tool collection.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. If you would have gone into your local post office and asked for the moving packet, you would have gotten a 20% off coupon to Lowes though. Could have been a $180 workbench.
Good to know. I'll pick up one up for next time.

I did how ever get a .mil discount without even showing ID. :blink

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Very nice, I might have to get one of those.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you happen to notice on the box where it says that it was made?
If it was made in China, I'll pass.
I'd rather pay more for a Craftsman or Armstrong (or something similar) that was made in the USA (or at the very least something not made in China).

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd rather pay more for a Craftsman or Armstrong (or something similar) that was made in the USA (or at the very least something not made in China).
Nope, wasn't even paying attention.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nope, wasn't even paying attention.
I just checked. Those Kobalt chests are made in China.
That said, I wasn't knocking your purchase. That's actually a pretty good lookin tool chest....makes me wish it wasn't made over there.

I'm just on a personal mission to not buy products made in China, where and whenever possible.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
My father said the same thing when he was buying his last toolchest - he went and spent a whole lot of extra cash to get a Craftsmen chest.

The chest arrived a few days after purchase. The Craftsmen logo was on upside down, and then promptly fell off the next day.

"Fuck that. Next time I'll buy the chinese one that is half the price and is available in-store."

1 - 20 of 32 Posts