Sport Bikes banner

~200 mile Roller Coaster

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  yzfkid 
#1 ·
Hey Gang,
Just thought I'd tell everyone about a great ride :banana out of Poplar Bluff, working my way to Van Buren; via Wms'ville, Piedmont, HH; on the twisty/turneys.

From Poplar Bluff---take W hiway 4.4 mi to 172w then on to 67 total 17.1miles

Cross hiway 67 go 100yds north to 172/49w
7.1 miles to Wm'sville, then on 5.6.mi to hiway A. turn Right(N)
Go 1.4mi on A to Mill Spring Turn left (N) to Leeper.
Half Mile past Leeper turn Right onto 34
Stay on 34 5mi to Piedmont
Turn Left onto HH (by the church), go 31.4 miles to Hiway 21.
Left on hiway 21(s), go 8.1 mi to D hiway
Stay on D for 11.8 mi to Van Buren.
Turn Right at the T (Bus 60)& go into town
Grab you a bite to eat and try to get that ear-ear smile :eek:nfloor tucked away, before you turn around and get it again :boink .

Since much of this route is covered by trees, early morning rides be careful as the road may be damp/wet.

Let me know when you're comming down/across, I'll try to ride with you. I may not be fast, but I am old

Bill

See less See more
#2 ·
I think 49 takes you from leeper to 34? I know A from Ellsinore takes you up to 49 and thence to Leeper. When you take 21 go up to Ellington and take 106 to Eminence then stay on it over to Alley Spring. Backtrack on 106 to E go south on it to 60 take that to Winona and either go S on 19 down to thayer and then 142 to Doniphan or stop at Alton and take 160 to Doniphan or at Winona take H up to 106 and back to Ellington taking the slight detour off H to Rocky Falls.

#3 ·
My husband and I rode to Piedmont late this spring. He's got some family who recently relocated there, so I imagine we will make the ride again next year (he's out of riding for a while--ruptured a biceps tendon and has to be immobilized for 2-3 months). We've ridden to PB several times and over to the lake once. We live in the flat lands, so if we want any hills and real twisties we ride your way.

#6 ·
Carol, There is a physician assistant, in Steele, that has a 04 Kawasaki Concours that wants to come up and ride with me sometime. He lives in Blythesville but rides to work often. If you get in touch with him at the Steele Clinic, maybe you two/three could come upThere are a number of great ride starting here in P.B.

#9 ·
Sounds to confusing to me all the highway switching...

Right here in St.Charles we have hwy d and dd they run through the bush wildlife sanctuary area. Hwy 94 s runs into them.Great riding takes ya past the wineries and everything!

Another route Is a curvy ass loop from hwy 70 get off on pendleton exit get on ste rt ee take it down to lost creek rd. and if you take a right it will take you to 94 and you can take that back up through the wineries into st.charles or take a left and and lost creek rd brings ya back into pendleton..The loop!.Some of the twistiest roads ive been on...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.