Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any good tips on making 2-up riding more enjoyable/comfortable for both riders, especially in the stop-and-go of the city. Also, what are some of the rules you have when riding with passengers.
Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tell them to hold tightly and even if male, don't be afraid to hold on to the waist. Also, warn them that making any sudden movements can affect your manuveuring and ALSO that when you lean into a corner, make sure they lean with you and tell them to try not to straigten themselves up and rather lean with you.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
#1: Buy a sport tourer. :D

#2: Passenger should know how to put her hands on the tank under braking so she doesn't slam into you.

#3: Passenger should know how to lean with you in turns.

#4: If you lack torque (600ss) rev it up more from a stop so you don't stall.

·
Registered
488 Posts
pass should def use the tank when stopping, make sure her hands STAY on the tank pad, otherwise tell her she'll be leaning against the tank with stumps instead of hands...

Also, if she she see's a bump that could possible send her forward onto your back, tell her to brace herself so that doesnt happen.

ALSO, tell her tap you BEFORE she shifts her weight if need be, so you can adjust accordingly.

ALLLSSSOOOOOO, tell the bitch she needs to give you a reach around while your providing her with the pleasure of a motorcycle..

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
On top of what others have suggested - use the tank, and not make any sudden moves. I also try to use my legs as much as possible to keep myself upright and back so not too put too much pressure on my b/f during braking and such.

Good Luck ~ ride safe!

X

·
0 Posts
Another tip is to tell the passenger to look over your shoulder in the direction of the turn. That helps them to lean with you in that direction even though they dont realize they're doing it.
Don't wiggle around until we're stopped, and a quick blip of the throttle means were getting ready to move and hang on.
Most of all, sit back relax and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I onno...I liked how the girls I gae rides didnt know to put their hands on the tank so their chest went into my back :lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
sictight311 said:
I onno...I liked how the girls I gae rides didnt know to put their hands on the tank so their chest went into my back :lol
:D :cheers

Make sure they lean with you and make sure you have some sort of communication system setup before you go out. You both need to know what's going on so you're in tune with each other.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions on how to have our helmets not clink together every time I shift? It's really annoying!!

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Yeah I suppose I could do that lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
It also helps if the girl leaves a little more space between the 2 heads....the girl ive been riding with a couple times has been resting her helmet on my shoulder which is pretty annoying, but it puts her gigantic chest right into my back....BUT....riding with a woody is EXTREMELY uncomfortable...my god it hurts.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Perhaps we shall try that next time we go out, thanks.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Travis71902 said:
Just wondering if anyone has any good tips on making 2-up riding more enjoyable/comfortable for both riders, especially in the stop-and-go of the city. Also, what are some of the rules you have when riding with passengers.
Thanks

Just dont ride anyone else. You'll probably be safer. I feel that i'd be too scared of what the passenger would do. Maybe in 8 months or so I'd have to balls to do it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
First rule sit on the seat. Don't get on/off til I tell you. Most random girls will try to squeeze in behind you. This will kill your triceps and every bump in the road will be giving you a massive tank slapper with an extra 100 lbs. behind it. These are the 2 cardinal rules.

·
Registered
243 Posts
And tell her ahead of time. Dont let go to fix your thong (girls always do that). . . . for 2 reasons.
1) DONT LET GO. It's DANGEROUS.
2) My buddies are all riding behind us for a REASON

1 - 20 of 26 Posts