Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who have installed them already.

The longer one goes on the stator cover side, am I correct???

The bolts that came with mine aren't nearly long enough, doesnt even catch a thread.

Anyone else experience this????

·
Registered
167 Posts
same problem here too. Left site bolt is not long enough to hit a thread.

·
Registered
167 Posts
eh, i'm gonna go to the hardware store tomorrow to see if i can come up with something that will work. Not that big of a deal, but they should have test fit before final shipments.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I sent Nick the following email fella's. Hopefully he'll be able to get this fixed in a short amount of time.

Nick,
Wanted to let you know that a couple of guys recieved there two piece sliders yesterday and there seems to be a hiccup. Not sure if its with both bolts for sure or just the one for the longer slider, but they aren't long enough. The bolt isn't even catching the first thread. If you've still got orders to get shipped, you'll probably want to hold them up until you get a longer bolt for them. I'll let you know for sure what I see when I get mine in hopefully monday. I'll check to see if you have any messages to post for the guys later today.

Dan

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sent him an email and hes sending some bolts out to me on tuesday. I will probably goto the hardware store anyways seeing as the bolts he gives rust. . .

·
Registered
167 Posts
ive been to three places today, no-one had bolts of the same size/type. grrr.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yamaha have 10mm longer ones than stock as a part number.

These bolts are BNF metric fine (from my memory which may be wrong) and will only be found in nut & bolts shops with a normal head. At least this was the case in Oz.

Only place i found to get much longer ones was in China.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pics? :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Dear Customer, You have been identified as having recently purchased our two piece FZ6 sliders. We are issuing this recall notice as many of the FZ6 sliders have been identified as having been incorrectly assembled.

What is the Problem?

A number of our FZ6 two piece design sliders have recently been shipped with an incorrect bolt. There should be 1 100mm bolt and 1 120mm bolt contained with your sliders, some sliders shipped with two 100mm bolts.

What Issues does this Problem cause?

You will not be able to properly mount the left side slider. We recommend that you do not attempt to mount the left side slider until your new bolt arrives.

What is FS6 Sliders doing to correct the problem?

You are being shipped a replacement bolt as well as a replacement Delrin puck. Shipments will go out on Tuesday May 24th 2005. All will be shipped via Canada Post Airmail at our expense. If you are the recipient of this email you are automatically being sent the replacement parts, there is no need to take any action.

What do I do when I receive my replacement parts?

The replacement Delrin puck is required to allow for proper fitment of a 17mm socket. 120mm bolts are not currently economically available in a socket head (allen head) design, as such the 120mm bolt is being provided in a hex head design.

When your puck and bolt arrive simply re-assemble the puck assembly by inserting the aluminum "bushing" (an aluminum insert approximately 7/8" in diameter, and approx 5/8" long) into the replacement puck. Fit the bolt through the aluminum bushing, then through the Delrin puck, then through the aluminum base.

You are welcome to keep the original Delrin puck and 100mm bolt as spare parts for potential future use.

What do I do if my replacement parts do not arrive?

If your parts have not arrived by June 3 2005 please send an email to [email protected] with the words "FZ6 Recall Notice" in the subject line. Please send with importance set to HIGH if your email software supports this feature.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I received my 2-piece FS6 sliders today, they look really great, but i assume I have the wrong bolts and will have to wait for the replacement parts now. I think I'm going to try to get them on anyway. ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
If the bolts are the same size, you will need to wait until the new bolt/sider arrive to put on the left side. Right side can go on though!

·
Registered
23 Posts
flipperMAN said:
Yamaha have 10mm longer ones than stock as a part number.

These bolts are BNF metric fine (from my memory which may be wrong) and will only be found in nut & bolts shops with a normal head. At least this was the case in Oz.

Only place i found to get much longer ones was in China.
Hey Flipper, the spec on the bolt is M10 x 1.25 x 120mm, the 1.25 pitch is "Metric Fine". These are tough bolts to find in a socket cap design and run expensive as well (anywhere from $5~$10/bolt). Hardware stores will definately not have anything like this...some of the specialty fastener shops in larger cities may have them available, but will likely be tough to find anyone with them in stock. I don't want to discourage anyone, but you may spend a day running around to realize that a socket head M10x1.25x120 is next to impossible to find!.

One note on the steel vs. stainless setup. We use steel alloy since it is stronger than stainless, and also less likely to snap off. Steel alloy will bend, stainless seems less forgiving....a form follows function decision; however, We are considering moving from a socket head bolt to a hex head bolt since hex heads are available in a zinc plating..

Hope this helps
Nick.

·
Registered
23 Posts
MrPostman said:
but they should have test fit before final shipments.
Hey Postman, boy do I ever agree with that statement!..we tried something different this time where we had a vendor do the packaging for us, obviously it did not go so smooth....after I rang up the damages to reputation and the costs to the business I spent a fair amount of time doing this :beer

:)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Get those of us still waiting to put the correct bolts on our bikes a set of those zinc plated ones when they make their way down the food chain and all is forgiven. :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
anybody able to get them installed and have pics for us?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'm still waiting for the replacement parts... >:|

I should get them early this week, I'd imagine. My torque wrench is mocking me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts