Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 2 of us racers are ready for next weekend. And the 1 wannabe racers has pretty wheels.:squid

Attachments

·
ASMA Racer
2,532 Posts
I'm ready, both bikes.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've got suspension adjustments to be made, gotta soften the beast....with the newfound power, it's beating me up. Right now, Hunter Shingler is going decent, about Phil's speed. Tibo is probably pretty close, around a second off, but he hasn't ridden on a good tire yet. Kevin is still sucking wind....at least two seconds off where he needs to be....he just can't seem to practice anywhere near his race pace.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Oh, and just so you all know, decent means podium capable, like Phil.

Oh yeah, during all our offseason thoughts about fast amateurs....we left out one of the fastest amateur who didn't get bumped....Jason Bauerkemper. He was out today and will be a threat! Unfortunately, he leaves for his new post in 3 weeks so he'll have to give it hell at the first round only.

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometime Racer said:
Oh, and just so you all know, decent means podium capable, like Phil.
So I'm getting bumped back to AM?:banana

It's always about the duration of the season.

·
L337 N00B
573 Posts
o0o0o they look pretty.... now i need one :p * just for show because im not fast enuough *

·
Registered
863 Posts
Looking good, I'm basically ready. Didn't have time to get the new front brake lines on because of work but not a biggie. I'll get a new set of tires on the spare wheels at the track and I'll be ready for Sunday's races! Still haven't decided which races I'm going to enter. Probably figure that out on Saturday.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
yeah you fuckers are just lucky i'm in KS now....

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
holy crap! where you been BG? glad to see your still around.

·
Registered
989 Posts
so you all actually race circuits?

how does that work?

is there money involved?

i know absolutely nothing about any of it but would love to learn.

·
Registered
952 Posts
ghost_a* said:

how does that work?

is there money involved?

There is $ to spend thats for sure.

Phil is gona try to get you to go out to Arroyo....here it comes.

Come out to Firebird on the 25th to watch and or go do a trackday and get out there for yourself and ride.

www.teamaz.com[/URL]

·
ASMA Racer
2,532 Posts
ghost_a* said:
Yes.

how does that work?
Pretty well, actually. For more details, check the various race orgs, or ask more specific questions...

is there money involved?
There is contingency money in most classes, and some pay a purse.

This is my third year racing, and I know next to absolutely nothing, and would still love to learn. More seriously, we're all fairly knowledgeable.

·
Registered
989 Posts
i've been to firebird once back in january to check out a trackday and it seems fun as all hell. addicting too.

i do wanna get out there.

is that all it is to you guys? just trackdays? or is it actually racing in a circuit or somethin'?

ballpark figure to do a trackday would be somewhere around $200 correct? for a beginner i mean.
i'd need to rent pants/boots.
other than that i should be good. other than bike prep.

i really wanna take the class which i believe is mandatory for first timers.

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shadow said:
Phil is gona try to get you to go out to Arroyo....here it comes.
When it's cheaper and you get 3 times the riding? You bet your ass.:neener

ghost_a* said:
ballpark figure to do a trackday would be somewhere around $200 correct? for a beginner i mean.
i'd need to rent pants/boots.
other than that i should be good. other than bike prep.

i really wanna take the class which i believe is mandatory for first timers.
Ask GSXRWUT what it cost him when he went with me in Feb. but $200-250 (hotel and travel fuel included) will get you 2 days with us. $200 will get you 1 day locally.

I think they all have leathers available. I have boots if your shoe size is close to 11. Bike prep for a Trackday is easy. And no, a class isn't mandatory unless you start to race.

Make your own decision but read this first. http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=299965

·
Registered
989 Posts
nice, definitely thanks for the info.

when i'm ready, financially that is hahaha, to do a trackday some time hopefully in the next couple months i'll definitely post up here to see what you guys are up to.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Arroyo has loaner leathers, a few pair of boots, and even a few pair of gloves now. No charge.

Trackdays are $155 for 2 days if paid 7 days in advance. That's less than the cost of 1 day at aztrackday or teamaz, and it's a better track, as well as way safer than anything else in the southwest.

Plus, I hear the owner is a really cool guy :)

·
L337 N00B
573 Posts
honestly man if you get the chance.. phil or dave can give you a ride out there.. and its a blast besides most of the people out there are really cool.. hell even rodger is cool .. and i spent about what phil said 230 ish.. depends how much you want to eat.. and that included a night stay at the hotel, gas, and food .. obviously it might cost you more if you need tires.. but it was well worth it in my opinion

·
ASMA Racer
2,532 Posts
gsxrwut said:
i spent about what phil said 230 ish.. depends how much you want to eat..
Race weekends, the track springs for supper Saturday.

This Saturday is tacos carnitas, corn, spanish rice.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts