Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone know these 2 guys that were killed last night in Orlando? I am just curious, I am a fairly new rider and I can't imagine riding without a brain bucket, much less race in town over a 100 mph without one. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Orlando Sentinel.com makes you register to view their stories (assholes)...But there is a small headline on their homepage to verify this...But unless you register, you can't read the story---I NEED BIRD FINGER SMILIES!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
touchy,touchy
Two motorcyclists were killed and two motorists were seriously injured in a crash on East Colonial Drive late Wednesday, authorities said.

The Florida Highway Patrol said the collision occurred when a car pulled from Old Cheney Highway into the westbound lanes of Colonial Drive at about 11:55 p.m. The speeding motorcyclists smashed into the car.

Trooper said Yull Toro, 28, and Jayson Echevarria, 22, were killed at the scene. The car's driver, Frank Soto, 21, and a 16-year-old passenger were taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center with serious injuries.

The car burst into flames, troopers said.

"We believe they were going over the speed limit, at or about 60 or 70 miles per hour," said Trooper Kim Miller, an FHP spokeswoman. "The red Honda pulled out from the stop sign and the motorcyclists attempted to apply the brakes and struck the driver's side-door of the Honda."

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Damn RIP to both guys!

I know that road quite well--we used to speed on it in cars when I was in college over there!

How sad :(

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
oh next time someone posts up from the Orl Sentinel--just copy and then paste the article into here--and bingo we don't need to go to the page to try and view it ;)

·
Gordon
124 Posts
orlando

:confused:
The local news said cops figured they were going about 100...
with no gear, Orlando is fullllllllll of squids.... :blowingup

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A fiery collision in Orlando killed two motorcyclists and injured several other people. It happened around midnight at Colonial Drive and Old Cheney Highway.

Two people traveling in a red Honda that was hit are in stable condition. We don’t have their names at this time.

However, the two bikers did not survive the accident.

Firefighters were called in to help out. The motorcycles burst into flames after they crashed into the red Honda. The bikers may have been street racing.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the bikes were going about 100 mph on Highway 50 when the red car pulled out in front of them.

As a result, both riders were ejected. Neither one was wearing a helmet.

The impact was so severe, firefighters had to remove the people out of the red car and airlift them to Orlando Regional Medical Center.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Saw this on the news the day before yesterday, very sad, the car didn't look like it was burned at all though and most of the damage was on the front end... Said they were going 60-70 on the news also.

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
everyone needs to be careful while riding, especially at night. i see too many people riding too fast in too much traffic. that's just too crazy to be doing that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts