Sport Bikes banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
Ask Racer X he can cut and past threads on the topic all day long from guys starting out on "just 600's" let alone the 1k series! It's all about start small and build; be safe and MSF is worth it! Especially when you handicap yourself with a bike thats out of your league! Noobs are all :leghump anyway!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just love how most of you say there is no need for a litrebike. Yes a noob shouldnt be on one but it does happen. especially with large ppl or older ppl. They tell me that they dont fit on a SS bike. I tell them that they are just about the same size. They reply as then the SS doesnt have the and then I reply as yes the SS of today arnt like yesteryears. But say a rider with a few years experence gets a litre and you all are ready to take out insurance policies on them. How do you really know that this rider of 2 yrs or so isnt ready for the litre. with a litre its same handling as the SS bikes but the power is greater but with a litre you dont always need to use the extra rpms. Low rpms gets you around just as good. When you need the power its there. If your level headed and have respect for a bike no matter the size youll be able to handle it and not get killed because of yourself. the way you guys bitch ppl shouldnt even ride SS bikes since they are close to the power of some litres of yesteryears.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Quik said:
They reply as then the SS doesnt have the and then I reply as yes the SS of today arnt like yesteryears.
Huh? And we all know you only have two years exp. but are the "literbike man". Please, just because you think you're good doesn't make it so.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Quik said:
liter bikes.,Yes a noob shouldnt be on one ...................If your level headed and have respect for a bike no matter the size youll be able to handle it and not get killed because of yourself.
is that an oxymoron?

and isn't every new poster on here level headed and will respect the bike..........?

·
Registered
456 Posts
vuu16v said:
Huh? And we all know you only have two years exp. but are the "literbike man". Please, just because you think you're good doesn't make it so.
so how you gonna try to call me out on this one. as far as the statement i forgot to add power. I never claimed to be good see your jumping the gun maybe your the one that sucks. its just most of you say a litre is dangerous, how about any bike with a inexperienced rider is dangerous. if you cant take a bend then any bike will hit the wall or etc not just a litre. you can get over confident on a 250 and take a bend to hot and crash and have the same result as a larger bike. So dont come on here trying to act like a hardass that doesnt know enough to decifer that any bike can be deadly and you have to harness the bikes power and become one with it. if not youll have a mishap

and as far as my experience what does that have to do with anything. With in my first few months,years ago i had a few mishaps and learned from them. Since then I havent had any mishaps. I take it easy and respect the bikes I ride. at night I take it easy since my vision isnt the greatest at night. Im not one to stay in front of a fast pack as I see it ride safe and youll be able to ride another day

·
Registered
456 Posts
RACER X said:
is that an oxymoron?

and isn't every new poster on here level headed and will respect the bike..........?
no, i know this dude that just bought a F4I off my buddy and only riding a street bike for 2 days now and is trying wheelies. He'll get hurt real soon. so he isnt level headed. He didnt learn the ropes he went out and tried to hang with other riders

·
Banned
730 Posts
Quik said:
so how you gonna try to call me out on this one. as far as the statement i forgot to add power. I never claimed to be good see your jumping the gun maybe your the one that sucks.
You have claimed to be good in other posts. Sorry my memory's good. Your first post just sounded like you were fishing for us to tell you you're the exception because you're just sooo damned good. And yes, I suck because you're only going to get so good riding on public streets and backroads. I'm sure my skills would improve thrice-fold w/ just a couple of trackdays but life keeps interrupting things.

·
Registered
456 Posts
vuu16v said:
You have claimed to be good in other posts. Sorry my memory's good. Your first post just sounded like you were fishing for us to tell you you're the exception because you're just sooo damned good. And yes, I suck because you're only going to get so good riding on public streets and backroads. I'm sure my skills would improve thrice-fold w/ just a couple of trackdays but life keeps interrupting things.
If I stated I was good I would like to see the post. Not that I dont believe you but I just dont remember. I wasnt trying to make me look like I was the exception at all. I wouldnt even consider that at all but im not saying im the worse either. I would say I go at my own place and do pretty well In my eyes. No need to race on the street. Seen the results first hand when a rider bounced off the guard rail and totalled his 04 750 gixxer. He was taking a blind bend with to much in speed and the bend just banked even more. He was setup for what looked like a decent bend but when half way thru it it banked more. That day 2 of the lead followers almost did the same. they were able to stop within a few feet of the rail. So from seeing that and a few other things first hand I just take it safe and respectable. street isnt the place for shit

·
Registered
648 Posts
have them take a look at this article . first street bike is a new r1. only had it a couple of weeks. had been riding dirt for awhile. told by friend that sells at local dealer that the average life expectancy of a new r1 if 52 days. ouch.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
I don't even know why I'm bothering to post this...

600ss may have the performance potential of liter bikes from a few years ago, BUT...
they are not the same bikes.

600ss have their power stacked up in the upper rpms. You access it more gradually by
twisting the hell out of them.

Liter bikes of yesterday, and today have power available right now!

Roughly, compare it to a dimmer switch (600ss) and an ON/OFF switch (liter bike) both pushing a similar watt bulb.

Tell that to the nOObs buying the liter bikes. If you have the breath to waste.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
^^^

Good post.

And both will kill you quick.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
A liter bike as a first isn't instant death. BUT, they are stacking the odds against themselves. Maturity has nothing to do with it. If a new rider doesn't have throttle and brake control, then they WILL make mistakes. Grabbing a handful of throttle on a powerful bike has more immediate consequences than doing the same on a smaller bike.

Good luck to your friends. I think they'd be better off on a 250 or 500.

·
Registered
994 Posts
It's like learning to ski. You CAN ski the whole mountain on the first day, snow-plowing down the icy tripple black diamond runs, but you will become a good skier a lot sooner if you spend your time progressing from the beginner to intermediate and then to expert runs. It's just easier to learn on a 500.

You want to learn some basic skills without having 90 percent of your attention taken up just trying to survive.

Spend a year on a 500; you will learn a lot more.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts