Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a couple months now my brother and i have been looking for a nice starter bike for him. Finally yesterday we find him a nice 98 gs500, perfect! So why is he dissappointed?
Today his buddy in Florida lets him know he just bought a brand new r1 :( (already knocked over by his signficant other!). His other friend is "almost" sure he's buying a gixxer liter. So speak your mind people and don't hold back! I plan on having my brother show this thread to his friends so the already bought one will know what he's up against and hopefully the other will reconsider.
Later
Bill

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
what is there to say, florida is the land of the squids. and his friends are dumbasses. nuff said

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tell them after the wreck to come here and post it up so we can use them as examples (or ask their next of kin to)

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
They'll never make it out of the parking lot. Just like the noob I saw try one on back in June.
If they do make it all the way home, trouble won't be far behind them.

It's like somebody reading about flying, flying paper airplanes, R/C planes...
Then he gets behind the stick of a single seat jet fighter... He already knows how to fly so might as well
fly something he won't get bored with... :nuts

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I wish I had a way to get there personol info so I could take out life insurance on them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well we always say dont start big, but the supply of cheap parts on ebay is running low. So my advise buy big wreck big and sell cheap.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Hi....for the two guys reading this getting the liter bikes..my name is Dave Jones, please include me on any and all insurance policies you may have as the sole benifercary (sp?)

Thank you

·
Registered
236 Posts
come on guys....can't be too hard on them.

All they want is a nice looking bike that can pop wheelies in almost every gear. Give them a break! Go drag them knees! :lol

·
Registered
981 Posts
dont beat around the bush bill. we all know ur bro got tired of the csx and bought a liter bike before u did :twofinger

·
Registered
39 Posts
RACER X said:
what is there to say, florida is the land of the squids. and his friends are dumbasses. nuff said
:dblthumb
No helmet laws + no insurance reqs + no twisties = squid breeding ground

·
Banned
730 Posts
Give them all two years and watch your brother make them look like pre-pubescent teens on pocktbikes. He'll be railing that GS while his squidly bros are crab-walking their big-boy bikes around corners.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
you think they'll make it 2 yrs.........:lol

·
Banned
730 Posts
RACER X said:
you think they'll make it 2 yrs.........:lol
Very good point. I actually think at least one of them will dump it, not get hurt real bad, but decide that this sport is too dangerous. All the while not realizing they have made it too dangerous for themselves and that the rest of us will (hopefully) ride safely for eons to come.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BuRn__ said:
dont beat around the bush bill. we all know ur bro got tired of the csx and bought a liter bike before u did :twofinger
Actually Joey (my brother) is pretty level headed, if he wasn't i sure wouldn't be helping him get into riding. The decision his friends are making is kinda underminding all i've been telling him. His friends are good dudes, just super unedumacted, hopefully this thread will help. As for me owning a liter bike, that will likely never happen :dblthumb .

·
Registered
109 Posts
RACER X said:
I usually agree with most of what you say. Not to say Florida is not home to many squids, but there are a few in TX as well. Generalizations are a sign of ignorance, you should know better than that.

That being said, what is there left to do? Some people know best... Maybe the exception to the rule, likely, no. Best of luck, hopefully they wear gear.

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
R1 or GSXR? Quit discouraging!!!! I need a newer track bike! Just sell them cheap when you wreck! Don't pass your medical bills on through the bikes resale price! $50 right now~assuming they still run... :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Death follows close behind these 2 clowns, awaiting their purchase.......Joey, LISTEN to your brother!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts