Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help....
I have a 2007 zzr 600 with 6000 miles.
A couple months ago I installed a Yoshi pipe and A dyno jet kit.
After I put it together othere that a very slight bog if you will just off idle it ran great!
Here's where it get's stupid.... I changed the oil and everything went to CRAP, I know oil change cant do this but from one day to the next it did. I since then replaced all needle and seats as I had fuel flooding the cyclinders. agin ran pretty good for a minute and had my wife ride it as it is hers and the bike seems to have 2 dead cylinders.
My thought were correct as the bike is was warm I pulled the tank and pulled both connectors off of the plugs and engine didnt change! pulled #3 and died!
Did compression check and all very close. swapped coil pack if you will and no difference. new plugs no difference. both cylinders have spark not sure if it is a strong as others.
Please help.
Tim

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Check connections on the plug wires and try pulling the plugs and see if they are fouled.

Also check for vacuum leaks on the carbs.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Edit - saw you swapped plugs, check for vacuum leaks on the carbs, especially those supplying gas to the 'dead' cylinders. Have you tried cleaning the jets (pilots and mains)? Is the idle rough, and does it smooth out with applied throttle?

If you have spark, check air and fuel into those cylinders...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks rayzzr.
I'm getting a can of carb cleaner to check for leaks and have once again pulled carbs off.
I looked in both fuel bowls and pulled main jet and pilot jet everything looks spotless. i tried to do a decent job when I did the jet kit.
Another test i did was pulling both coils and installing plugs in them next to each other and cranking it, they both LOOK about the same as both of the bad cylinders seem to be getting as good spark as the other GOOD ones. I can see fuel entering the 2 bad cylinders as I do the good ones and like I said compression is very good.
I tried to hold the rpm around 6-7000 and pull off the coilpack wire on bad cylinder it seemed to drop some but not as much as the good one.
Ill try locating a vacuum leak tomorrow.
Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts