Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over a really bumpy railroad crossing last week going about 45mph. The train tracks crossed the road at about a 45 degree angle. I guess I was in the shit wrong part of the lane, because I ended up with two bent wheels. The lip on the wheel where it meets the tire is bent out about 1/4th - 1/2 of an inch, for maybe 3-4 inches on one side of each wheel. The wheels are not steel, they are some type of alloy. Is it possible to fix this, or do I need new wheels? ($1100 for both from the dealer + installation). Any good aftermarket sources for wheels? I'm not happy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
There are some shops that can repair ALL types of car/truck wheels, give one of them a call and ask 'em if not then ebay might help. I know theres 3 places in my area were they can refurbish wheels not sure where you are but you can browse through your yellow pages.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
sue the Railroad for failure to maintain their crossings. They will more often than not cut a check rather than go to court. If they DO go to court then take them for alot.

just to let you know they are responsible for maintaining that NOT D.O.T. They have to be sure that their crossings do NOT interfere with the safe operation of a motor vehicle. Hell you could have ended up with a blown tire and THEN what?? Trust me man call the railroad and tell them what happened, where it happened and take LOTS of pix!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Your tires must have been way low for it to bend them at that speed

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
tires really low on air pressure or really fast when hitting the tracks?

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
Yeh reckless is right. I remember a court ruling a year or so ago stating that municipalities can be sued for damaging cars suspensions with a bad road, and so can private lots, so it woudl go with the assumption that railroads would be under the same guidelines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts