Sport Bikes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Avid Gamer/Rider
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 2.5mm male to 2.5mm male audio cable. I've been able to find it in a few places, including ebay, but I'd rather not use ebay. It only needs to be 3ft long or so. Anyone know a good electrical/electronics store that carries audio cables and such?

P.S. I already looked at Newegg, TigerDirect, and Radioshack.

·
Ooh lawd!
8,466 Posts
Guitar jack is usually 3.5mm or otherwise known as 1/4" mono.

2.5mm is the little headphone jack on the side of your computer. Some folks call em mini-jack. They're usually stereo plugs.

·
Swollen Member
4,967 Posts
Yeh Yeh a mini jack like an Ipod or what not. Radio Shack has them. I got one from there for my radio. Hell walmart might even have them. It's not an umcommon cord these days.

·
Avid Gamer/Rider
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you guys are thinking of the 3.5mm connection. 2.5mm is the connection on the bottom of the xbox controller and in a lot of cell phones. They make a lot of headsets that are 2.5mm, but not a lot of cables that have the male connection on both ends.

·
Ooh lawd!
8,466 Posts
Oops, you're right, I've got my numbers all jacked up.

Yeah, not sure where you could get that. You got a Fry's Electronics nearby?

·
Avid Gamer/Rider
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, we don't have those here in Arkansas. I looked on their website, though, and they didn't have them. Guess I'll just have to trust Amazon, Froogle, or Ebay.

·
Ooh lawd!
8,466 Posts
No, we don't have those here in Arkansas. I looked on their website, though, and they didn't have them. Guess I'll just have to trust Amazon, Froogle, or Ebay.
They definitely have them in the store - there's one right here by my work. Do you want me to pick one up for ya and send it over?

What don't you trust about amazon?

·
Avid Gamer/Rider
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I trust Amazon, but they only have the one that is retractable and the one review of it said that the retractable part broke on it. I'm kinda leary of that one.

To Sloppy, yes, I have tried all 3 of their websites and I looked at radio shack in person. The closest Circuit City and Best Buy are around 45 minutes away.

Mbodell, I already have a 3.5mm cable, but I would rather not buy 2 adapters for like 10 dollars a piece when I could buy the cable, if I could find one, for 5 bucks or so.

I always need the most obscure items when it comes to my electronics, and it always takes me a while to find what I need. I think I'll probably end up with the one from amazon and hope it doesn't break on me.

·
Avid Gamer/Rider
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amazon finally got a 3 foot 2.5mm male to 2.5mm male cable that wasn't retractable. It was only 5 bucks. It was a new item as of yesterday. I went ahead and picked up 2, hooray!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts