Sport Bikes banner

1st Timer

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  OZGamma 
#1 ·
Hello all, I stumbled upon this web site and just had to join the membership because it seems to be an incredible place for Gamma enthusiasts. I have never been a member of a forum before so please excuse my inexperience in forum edicate.
I own a 1986 RG500 WW that I purchased new as well as a blue and white 86 I picked up at an insurance auction which needs a total restoration as well as parts that are missing. I purchased another blue and white Gamma a few yaears ago that was modified for racing and came with quite a few spares that I'm hoping someone can help me identify the origin of. The guy I bought the bike from claimed that he was involved in the AMA formula one racing series with team Suzuki Canada and that he had obtained genuine Suzuki factory race parts so I purchased all he had when I bought the bike. I still have the expansion chambers, the fuel tank and the tail section which I plan to instal on the bike I'm rebuilding and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with what Suzuki used on their race bikes of that time. The tank and tail section fit my frame but are shaped differently than the originals and are made of thin walled fiberglass. The chambers are a thin wall mild steel and are considerably fatter than stock. I have the parts in storage and will post pics asap. Any help regarding what the race bikes came with will be apreciated and thank you in advance.
Mike
P.S. I hope I'm not asking too much or postind too long of a post, please let me know if I am.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.