Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this past Sunday I finally got to ride my motorcycle on Big Willow Springs Raceway!
I've tracked here twice in the past in my old miata. Wow what a difference it is between car and bike.
My best time in the Miata there was 1:47.
But yet my best time on my bike was only 1:44.
I was amazed at how I was barely faster on the bike despite I felt like I was flying around way faster. lol
Well I gotta go back in the future and get into the 1:30's!

Of course. Obligatory video.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
4 contact patches offer better traction.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4 contact patches offer better traction.
True that. Even though I could only hit like 110mph tops in the miata there. And I was able to hit about 150mph indicated on the bike. Figured it would make a b***** difference heh.

Do you have a slipper clutch?
Yea I do. But I don't just pop the clutch out on downshifts either. I still slip it manually. Wish I could get rev matching down better.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yea I do. But I don't just pop the clutch out on downshifts either. I still slip it manually. Wish I could get rev matching down better.

Blipping takes practice, but it is the best feeling in the world to get a perfect downshift.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
True that. Even though I could only hit like 110mph tops in the miata there. And I was able to hit about 150mph indicated on the bike. Figured it would make a b***** difference heh.

I was only 4 seconds slower on my 250 vs my 636, and I never hit over 100 on the 250, and i hit about 130 on the 636. corner speed is the difference.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Well this past Sunday I finally got to ride my motorcycle on Big Willow Springs Raceway!
I've tracked here twice in the past in my old miata. Wow what a difference it is between car and bike.
My best time in the Miata there was 1:47.
But yet my best time on my bike was only 1:44.
I was amazed at how I was barely faster on the bike despite I felt like I was flying around way faster. lol
Well I gotta go back in the future and get into the 1:30's!

Of course. Obligatory video.

That's awesome!

On the track, four seconds is a pretty long time. What's really humbling is when you are 20+ seconds slower than the fastest AMA Superbike times. Yeah, that's humbling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts