Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get my 1st service done on my bike (Suzuki GSXR600). I bought it from the Suzuki dealership off of Fletcher and Florida...Motorsports of Tampa. Does anyone have a hookup at any dealership to get one done. I've called around and they are trying to rape me! The cheapest I found was Pasco County Cycles for $140 out the door. Everyone else is higher with Barney's asking for $280 plus tax :upyours. Its crazy that all they really do is change the oil and look the bike over. I usually change my own oil for less than $20 but don't want to void the warranty.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I need to get my 1st service done on my bike (Suzuki GSXR600). I bought it from the Suzuki dealership off of Fletcher and Florida...Motorsports of Tampa. Does anyone have a hookup at any dealership to get one done. I've called around and they are trying to rape me! The cheapest I found was Pasco County Cycles for $140 out the door. Everyone else is higher with Barney's asking for $280 plus tax :upyours. Its crazy that all they really do is change the oil and look the bike over. I usually change my own oil for less than $20 but don't want to void the warranty.
Yeah Don't fall for that warranty BS... Your bike will still be under warranty if you do it yourself..Thay could Fuck that up....Believe me..... The oil change that is!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I don't know about the $20 oil change but definately do it yourself! Its about $50 for me to change mine myself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
^^^+1 just do it yourself. just keep a record of what you did and keep receipts for the parts. if there are any problems concerning warranty it won't fly as long as you can provide documentation.

·
Registered
565 Posts
yeah they cant void your warranty for you doing your own oil change. You can basically do anything you want to the bike and keep your warranty. Unless you crack open the block and start changing internals, then you might be in trouble. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act........read up on it.

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
Like they said above.. do it yourself bro and F*^k the dealerships!! For some dumb reason I took the triple to the shop I bought it from for its 1st service and got raped w/o lubricant or a dinner. I actually told them it would be the last time they saw this bike unless it was a recall issue. All ya have to do is keep a good record and keep your reciepts and you will be good.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help my peeps! I went ahead and did it myself yesterday. Only $30!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts