·
Pro. Lowsider
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe.
Copied from another site;
July 7 2004
05 GSX-R1000 revealed
Suzuki will launch an updated and even more powerful version of its GSX-R1000 for 2005 complete with MotoGP inspired dimensions and a radical snout designed to scoop in more air.
Its weight is being cut to below that of the 170kg Kawasaki ZX-10R and its power is boosted to a tyre-shredding 175bhp at the crank (around 155bhp at the rear wheel) – according to MCN’s sources. The full story is in MCN, out on Wednesday July 7.
Revised engine internals and a changed exhaust account for the boost in power.
Its dimensions are based on those of Suzuki’s GSV-R MotoGP bike, which means it’s likely to be even sharper-steering than the current cutting-edge bike.
The bike is due to make its public debut in September.
Damn that is Ugly...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
:blowingup Looks like they got the idea on that upper from the original movie, "Creature from the Black Lagoon". Only thing, they painted it blue. Maybe it's a distant cousin of the creatures :twofinger . Just goes to show... Looks wise Suzuki gets worse and worse every year.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ride1Rob said:
:blowingup Looks like they got the idea on that upper from the original movie, "Creature from the Black Lagoon". Only thing, they painted it blue. Maybe it's a distant cousin of the creatures :twofinger . Just goes to show... Looks wise Suzuki gets worse and worse every year.

Hmmm... Any resemblance?

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
As a die-hard Suzuki fan I am truley disappointed in what a butt ugly design that is. Sometimes I'd rather sacrifice a little HP for better styling. After all sportbikes are SUPPOSED to be sexy, right?

If this is the trend, 04 and older GSXR 1ks are gonna go UP in value cause nobody will buy the new ones.

On the bright side, if I ever lose my job I know I can become a designer for Zuki cause obviously they don't have much skill.

.... sad day for GSXRiders

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
I actually like it because of it's resemblence to the GP bike. And besides, these are artist's rendenditions of the bike....not actual photos. I'll reserve judgement until I see the whole bike.

Gov

·
Super Moderator
18,631 Posts
The Governor said:
these are artist's rendenditions of the bike....not actual photos. I'll reserve judgement until I see the whole bike.
Gov
You hit it right on the money, B...It dosen't even have a can...And look at how high the handlebars are...No way in hell Zuki would put that bike in the pic on the street...

I'll wait for the bike show pics when the 05 is introduced...And then I'll call it ugly :twofinger

1 - 20 of 33 Posts