Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would this be a good bike to get or what. from the pictures i see it does look mint like the guy says only thing i dont know about is why its so cheap, most bikes like this are up in the 4500 area.. any opinions would be appreciated.

caelan

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can't speak for that exact bike. But the EX500 is a good starter bike. I had one for a year when I started riding. I liked it allot. Ran great and had quick pick up and handled nice.
I don't know the blue books values but I was thinking 3,800. sounds a bit high for a 7year old 500. But if its low for your area go for it. make sure the tires are in good shape and no sign of dents or damage. Is it a kid selling it or an adult? will tell you allot about how it's been ridden. is this your first?
Good luck

·
It's good to B-King
3,290 Posts
3800 is REAL high for that bike, here in the states. I think I recall you saying something about bikes being ridiculous $$$ up there. Any idea why they are so expensive?

Would it be possible to find one here in the US and buy it instead? I think you can get a 2005 EX500 for not much more than that.

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
Even if that 3800 is Canadian $$, it's still way to high. But good choice for a first bike, very predictable- every race weekend I see people absolutely FLYING on EX500's.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for some reason people like to sell their used bikes for more than they are brand new here in canuck land. but im going to keep looking around.. going to the states for a bike is out of the question becasue with exchange rate it will cost more than i can probably get one here. anyways thanks for the input guys.

caelan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts