Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Trying to get some comparisons done here....has anyone ridden the zx-6r? If so, can u comment on the handling, tank range, ergonomics (clip-on height & seat)?

I know the yf600r is comfy, I've gotten some good test rides on the bike, but was wondering if I could find a bike that's just as comfy but handles better as my riding consists of solo-agressive and solo-sporttouring riding as well as ~3 trackdays a year. Afterall they all but relegated these model year zx-6r's to sport-tourers (yeah right!) with it's supposed comfy ergos, but I'm not sure how they compare to the cat.

(If they are anything like ther f4i then forget about it. The clipons were too low and the seat was a brick)

thx!

·
Procrastinator
36 Posts
The ZX6R's are better handling bikes, but the riding position is similar, if not more extreme than the F4i. Fortunately, though, with time in the saddle, you will get used to the riding position.

For ergonomics and tank range, though, the YZF is going to be hard to beat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks omen,

I know I won't turn into Rossi overnight on the track while only doing 3 a day and I know the YZF is damn comfy for me, but just had to check to see if I could get any better handling out of a bike while still maintaining comfort for everyday riding. And it looks like that's not possible. :p

I guess the journalists call the zx-6r a sport-tourer only when compared to the most aggressive supersports...in that case most any bike would see comfy. :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more thing I was considering...what if u threw helibars, genmars, or convertibars on the ZX-6r? Would that bring it to the level of handlebars comfort of the YZF? I can deal with higher pegs, but it's the wrists that get to me. :(

·
Registered
475 Posts
I find it hard to believe that anyone could refer to the zx-6r as a sport-tourer. I also think you'll be hard pressed to find anything as comfortable as your yzf that has any better handling. Most sport bikers consider the cbr600 series as comfy! hahah...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the conclusion I am coming to, but gotta check all the angles. :p

And if the YZF isn't the greatest track weapon, it gotta be good enough for me for a long while I figure, and even if it starts to hold me back after awhile, that's just fine as my goal is to become a better street rider, so I'd just be riding the same bike on the street anyhow....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts