Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 zx6r and I cant figure out whats wrong, I get it started and when I pull on the throttle it just cuts out and shuts off, this is my first bike so I am frustrated, I bought it off a young guy and there is more wrong with it than I thought. Is this a problem with the throttle or the carburetor?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Definately a problem with the carbs, you should check to make sure the choke isnt on first. If it is not on then the carbs may have to be syncronyzed or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
zx6r cuts out

I have a 1997 zx6r and I cant figure out whats wrong, I get it started and when I pull on the throttle it just cuts out and shuts off, this is my first bike so I am frustrated, I bought it off a young guy and there is more wrong with it than I thought. Is this a problem with the throttle or the carburetor?
hi i had this with mine and it was the jets need to be cleaned

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dose anyone know how to get to the o ring on the carbs? I have a fuel leak and cant seem to remover the for left carb to replace the ring. 97 zx6r

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You will need to fully disassemble each carb from the adjoining ones.
choke slide need to be removed
top and bottom steel mounting rails need to be removed
Watch the synchronization springs !!! They like to go flying away.
(I usually pull them out first)
Then you will have the "t" fitting (the one the fuel line connects to) and 2 "straight" fittings that connect the fuel path to all the carbs. There should be 6 orings on these fittings, plus you will have orings on the breather tubes and of course there are all the other orings inside the carb.

Take some pics if you have to, but it is easier than it sounds/looks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thx for the info Im going to try removing everything this weekend. Ill watch for the o rings as well Im glad you mentioned that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts