Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a clutch issue that is making me more nuts than usual.
A rider brought a bike in that supposedly was working fine for 5,000 miles and then started to miss shifts and then would not disengage. The puller rod was chipped so I have 2 new rods that supposedly fit this bike. I can't get the clutch to work. He swears he only took it apart and put it back together exactly like he found it when he started having problems but there is no larger i.d. fiber to clear the spring washers against the hub? :rolleyes The schematic calls for 1 large i.d. fiber and my 12 has a similar set-up so how did he get this combination to work at all for 5,000 miles? Should I just pull the spring washers out? Or, get the larger i.d. fiber?

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
This is a ZX600F2 right?? Or a ZX600C or a ZX600E?? Looking at the parts diagram I dont see 2 different size friction plates. All the part numbers for the fiber plates are the same. When u say its not working, what do u mean? I left those spring washers out once on my 12R and it chattered real real bad at slow speed partial engagment, like you would be in stop/go traffic.

Attachments

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I had not looked up the parts myself, the person that looked them up said it required the larger i.d. fiber. So, do you think it is OK to have the fiber covering the spring washers? If the parts diagram you posted is correct then it looks like the fiber is over the washers? Why? Since the bike was trailered in with the clutch issue it hasn't been started. We have both pullers for that year and they don't match the chipped puller that was in the bike. Since he bought the bike used (3rd owner) he can't tell if the motor was swapped out before he bought it. We ran the VIN number and we have the puller that matches the VIN but it's different than the puller that is in the clutch. By not working I mean you can pull in the lever but the bike will not move when in gear. Fark, I am probably going to tell the kid to take it somewhere else.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
The fiber isn't sposed to ride on the spring washer, the steel plate does. Double check the pressure plate and make sure its seated correctly on the grooves in the clutch hub. Measure the frictions and steels and see if they are past the service limit. Check slack in clutch cable.. Etc etc, just kind of throwing things out there.

Stack the fibers and steels and check the stack height, etc etc again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts