Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a problem, I have a 1996 YZF600 was riding then died. Not start, its got fuel, but no spark. Coils have power, but doesn't switch on when cranking. There is no spark at the plugs either. What could be the prolem? Is this common on these YZF's. Someone told me CDI box but do computers go bad just like that? I was thinking the pulser in the stator cover could be bad since if it doesn't read the pulses the computer won't ground the coils. Let me know what you think. Any help is greatly appreciated. THANK IN ADVANCE

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
get a yamaha service manual and start checking things out with an ohm meter. it could be cdi box, coils, plug wires, plug caps, pulse coil, chaffed wire, dirty wiring connector or severl others. btw check out everything but the cdi box and if everything else checks out ok then the box will probable need to be changed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
make sure a wire hasn't come loose somewhere. Old bike, could be something that simple. Oh, and i mean old in the best sense. Had a 95 yzf "squareback" and miss it everyday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts