Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one I have a 96 cbr 600 f3 the issue im having is it was running great about a month ago and I stupidly took the carbs off to clean them and do a tune up well I put it back together and it starts and revs great it hits redline and everything so I went to ride it today and it ran fine in first gear and as soon as you hit second no matter what rpm it starts jerking and sputtering like its going to run out of gas if you stop it stalls it starts rite back up and does fine in first again I also put a k and n filter on it any help would be great thanks all

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Mixture screws have nothing to do with synchronizing carbs. Also why did you try and fix something that was not broken? And exactly how we're you going to tune it up if you don't have the skills to even get it running correctly?

·
Registered
971 Posts
If you took them apart, you'll need to sync them. If you removed them, there's a good chance you'll need to sync them. You could try a bench synch, but honestly if it's all back together, you're probably better off just pulling the tank and bodywork and putting gauges on it at this point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mixture screws have nothing to do with synchronizing carbs. Also why did you try and fix something that was not broken? And exactly how we're you going to tune it up if you don't have the skills to even get it running correctly?
[that's why I said I stupidly took it apart and I did it because I just bought the bike and everybody keept telling me to clean the carb. and this aint my first time cleaning carbs ive done it on three different bikes and never had this problem before

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you took them apart, you'll need to sync them. If you removed them, there's a good chance you'll need to sync them. You could try a bench synch, but honestly if it's all back together, you're probably better off just pulling the tank and bodywork and putting gauges on it at this point.
Thanks man il probly just have a shop do that ive never done it before could it be anything else before I pay them an 300.00 to do it

·
Registered
971 Posts
That's my first guess, unless you reconnected them incorrectly or did something with the vacuum hose hookups. Check all your fittings to the heads and the air box.

How many miles are on it? Before taking it to a shop I'd pull the carbs and at least bench sync them. You can find a tutorial on youtube for that. Basically, you're making sure they're all open the same amount at idle. If it's low miles that could be enough to to run smooth because the cylinders and valves won't be dramatically different piston to piston.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Buy a set of guages there cheaper than 300 dollars if your really gonna pay that to have it done . Are your diaphrams seated correctly and without holes ? Last boggy bad runner I had I found 2 pinholes in 2 diaphrams .

·
Registered
971 Posts
I bet you can get away with a bench sync. Basically, pull the carbs and adjust the idle screws so that they're all open the same amount. Will only cost you time and then you can rule that out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buy a set of guages there cheaper than 300 dollars if your really gonna pay that to have it done . Are your diaphrams seated correctly and without holes ? Last boggy bad runner I had I found 2 pinholes in 2 diaphrams .
yea im pretty sure there seated but im going to pull it back apart and check everything and sync the carbs hopefully that will fix it thanks for the help man

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bet you can get away with a bench sync. Basically, pull the carbs and adjust the idle screws so that they're all open the same amount. Will only cost you time and then you can rule that out.
yea I think that's what im goin to do I found the sync too on ebay and watched a vid on how to do it hopfully it will work thanks for the help man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts