Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Owners of the 1995 - 1997 Suzuki GSXF 600 Katana!

Do you have the OEM dual exhaust system on your Katana 600? Would you like to go to a single canister exhaust system? Can this system be an OEM exhaust system?

If your answer is yes to these questions. There is a solution to your exhaust desires!

First thing you must find is an OEM exhaust system from a 1992 GSXR 750. Yes, the 1992 GSXR 750 stock exhaust system will bolt directly to the Katana 600 head.

Once the 1992 GSXR 750 system is installed. You will need to cut a portion of the lower fairings to accomodate the new collector and tube routing of this system before the lowers are reinstalled.

Tuning this system may require a change in intake ring diameter, adding a performance air filter and possible carburetor adjustments. These adjustments will be determined by any power adders/modifiers that you may have performed already, fuels used and/or any other condition that would require such changes to maintain peak machine performance.

When done with this "sleeper" modification. You will have a bit more fun without being cited for modified exhaust (if stopped) with an installed aftermarket performance exhaust system.

:cheers

·
Registered
268 Posts
couple more things to add, I had a vance and hines 4 to 1 on my old katana, I think d&d also makes a pipe for 'em.

Modified exhaust is legal here in DE though.

also, over on Katanaplanet, there is a guy who took the stock exhaust and kept it dual but made a high-exit out of it (not high-mount, more like an rc-51) anyway, that looked pretty slick, and he did it for pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
andrew_02 said:
couple more things to add, I had a vance and hines 4 to 1 on my old katana, I think d&d also makes a pipe for 'em.

Modified exhaust is legal here in DE though.

also, over on Katanaplanet, there is a guy who took the stock exhaust and kept it dual but made a high-exit out of it (not high-mount, more like an rc-51) anyway, that looked pretty slick, and he did it for pretty cheap too.

Andrew, correct about the V&H system. Yoshimura also made/makes a Zyclone Race system, as well as a few others for the machine.

In California and other Smog Retentive States, it is a citable offense for "modified exhaust". Moreover, this info was intended to give information to those that wanted a bit more performance without going aftermarket.

Otherwise, GREAT info you have shared. The modified duals would make a neat convo piece if you or he had pic to share with other Kat riders.

:cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rotty said:
yep, I had a D&D on my old 94 Katana, man those stock exhausts are heavy as hell. Here is a pic of my old Katana, man I loved that thing.....

SWEEEET Kat!

·
Registered
646 Posts
you guys are killing me...
i used to have a 94 katana. i loved that thing too. it weighed a ton, but she treated me so well. did everything i asked of her. such a good girl...

·
Registered
1 Posts
yep, I had a D&D on my old 94 Katana, man those stock exhausts are heavy as hell. Here is a pic of my old Katana, man I loved that thing.....
I need to know how you made that happen. That’s the exact look of exhaust I need for my 97

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
That's a full system; good luck finding one now. I think your second best option would be to use the stock headers from a 98+ katana with a slip on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts