Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it worth the price?? Looks like something to collect. Just curious what people know about this bike

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
it is a good price. i would ask what spares it came with it. remember once that bike comes into the power band, it is like a rocket.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dont know anything about it... but it is for certain the best looking
old yamaha I have ever seen.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not really much of a collectors bike .Not really good for track days either cause it's kinda a maitnence hog.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Good price depending on what state of tune the motor is in(how long since the last rebuild etc) and what spares come with it.

DO NOT buy it if you aren't gonna race it/do track days and know nothing about tearing apart a motor(2 strokes need plenty of maintenance!).....it would be a waste of money. If you plan on using it/know how to fix it....go for it, 2 strokes rule!

·
Registered
304 Posts
That is a good looking bike, and it's a decent price if it comes with some spares and isn't in need of a rebuild. It would make a fun race or track day bike, if and ONLY if you can do the maintainance and tuning yourself.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh Rascus, yu looking at that too?
its sweet, but you can only race it here, otherwise its just a tropy (something to look at). since its a 2 stroke, wont be street legal here in Hawaii.

You should come out to track days (hrra.net) and talk to Fred Humphrey. He races a tz 250 for road racing. He can answer any question you have about it (besides that having a 250 2 stroke is hella fun) His bike number is #00. There is also Tom Cesar ( #22). He was just out today at the tracks.

Unfortunately, my 2 stroke knowledge only goes up to Ysr 80's. ^_^. Yamaha makes some nice 2 stroke racers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Probably be a hell of a lot of fun to own as a track toy.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts