Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This night I'm going to see a 1993 FZR 1000. Found it at a user car lot (maybe they took it as a downpayment).

I was not considering literbikes, but this one fits very well my budget, it is priced around the same as the same year FZR 600s, and even better, this one has only 18,000 miles!
According to the guy I talked to, the bike has the original paint, so that means it hasn't been droped hard!

What items should I check on the bike to make sure it is a good buy???

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
more important with the FZR 1000 is the steering stem bearing, 1st and 2nd gear, the clutch, that damned eXup system and the electrical system. your best bet, if you are really interested, is have a mechanic go over it. what seems like a good deal may bite you in the ass down the road.

the FZR 1000 motor is pretty bulletproof. you gotta really fuck up to break one. the 5 five head is very time consuming to work on so if it hasn't had one (or they have no record of it) think about the time/cost of that when looking at the price.

other than than, Good Luck!! my favorite was the 1990 fzr but they are all decent bikes.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, saw the bike, now I must forget about it. Had to ride 50kms (aprox 30 miles) to get to where the bike is located and...

WHAT A POS!!!! The guy told me it had never been dropped, but, the front fairing was made of fiberglass, had a mismatching headlamp (that one should have had the projector headlight, but it had the reflector one), bent forks and the engine sounded like a freaking diesel!

Man, I hate this crappy country!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I just got rid of an FZR 1000. You just saved yourself a headache by not getting it. I was reparing mine once a week. Literally.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had a 94' FZR1000. What a bike! I sold it when I bought my 01' Yamaha R1. People tried to warn me before I sold it, but I miss that bike every day! It's a comfortable bike, (heavy which to me was a plus), and a nice powerful engine.

I really miss my Fizzer after a longer ride on the R1. Comfortable they ARE NOT!

Be safe...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts