Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never rode one. Havent gone and looked at it yet. Saw on craigslist, and looks little ruff but he said its all there. Details arent really forthcoming on net bout how they handle, dependability, ease of finding parts. It needs windscreen and front fairing but does run. Looks naked right now cuz the sides are off. What are your experiences on this bike? This would be bike #3 in the stable right now next to the ninja and harley. Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Not a bad bike. Depends on what it needs, versus what you pay. Keep looking, LOTS Of deals out there.

Buddy of mine just bought a mid 90's VFR for $1200. Needs nothing but a carb clean and put back together. Owner took it apart to do some maintenance. That was two years ago. All the plastics are mint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does the handling, power band etc compare with something round same year? Even if I talk him down to somewhere round 500 I don't want to have a $500 turd sitting round just itching to get passed on? I've seen parts listed on ebay at decent prices but was mostly plastics and whole motors. Not expecting to have huge stocks of assorted parts as I would assume these bikes are few and far between. Just wanting something to be responsive and powerish to have some fun.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I had an 89 FZR600 that I bought as a project bike. It was missing some fairings, wasn't running and was overall a big pile of poo. I regret buying it. Sold it the other day for $500. I took a small loss on it, but at least its gone. It only had 10k miles on it, but it was very poorly taken care of. I'd rather have a bike with 100k miles that was babied than one which just sat around neglected.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i just got a 91 FZR600 and it runs perfect its a lil beat up but still runs with the best of them. in my opinion, your sounds decent. if anything take it for spin and if you dont like it then pass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts