Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy selling his honda hurricane around here 1987, needs a battery but says it still runs good. He wants 800 for it. What ya'll think I should do? I know honda is known for reliability but would a 16 yr old bike still be ok?

·
Registered
220 Posts
More than anything it depends on how it was maintained, treated and ridden. To a lesser extent mileage matters as well. As an example, my '89 Ninja has 25k miles, and in the 3k I've put on it, I haven't had a real problem yet. Motor starts and runs perfectly every time, and that's after the bike was sitting for about 2 years. I'm very happy with the purchase, and paid about $800 US, too - from a dealer - before new tires and brake pads.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Those bikes are tanks. for 800 how can you go wrong?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hell, it's a Honda I would go for it. The age of the bike really doesn't matter if it's in good shape with decent miles.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
If it's your first bike, I wouldnt recomend it. But if it's not, HEY why not. Honda's last forever and my first bike was an 88 Hurricane. and I'll have to agree, they weigh a TON!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i know a kid with a hurricane. it is the rattiest bikes i have ever layed my eyes on but somehow it still manages to get the job done.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK guys thanks for the info. Was wondering, how much would a battery be? And could I just go to like autozone and pick one up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts