Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1984 Honda Magna--WITH PHOTO

Someone asked me if I wanted to buy their old Magna for 100 bucks. It's been sitting for 2yrs (covered). I'm thinking of picking it up for something to mess around with.

Does anyone have one? Had one? Ridden one? I believe it's the 750. Figured for 100 bucks it's a steal.

btw...these pic's are not of the bike for sale...just to show what it looks like.

·
Banned
245 Posts
shit, id buy that on the spot

its close to the nighthawk that i got. I really love riding it. And you have no worries about lubing the chain because its shaft driven.

It is a heavy bike, so it will take a bit to learn on balancing and handeling of the bike. It is a quick bike also, it prob rates in the 12 seconds.

If u got the money, buy it. You can make a profit selling it too, but if it was me, id keep it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I'd buy it!

·
Registered
558 Posts
i learned to ride on one.. nice bike, like some said its pretty quick for a cruiser. Its got a V4 motor(same motor as the old VFRs only detuned). Its got a real distinctive sound.

correction.. not sure if the 84's had the v4 maybe someone else can ellaborate I know they had v4's in the 90's.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only thing i have to find out is is it a 500 750 or the 1100cc. I think either way though i'll get it. If it's been covered it shouldn't be too bad.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Shit, my neighbor has one just like that.

His is a 1985 500cc version. He's trying to sell it for a couple of hundred bucks too. I'm trying to convince my wife to buy it so that she can start riding, but she's scared of riding so she's not going for it.

I'd like to buy it to have a bit of a cruiser style bike to mess with, but I can't really afford it right now.

·
Banned
436 Posts
Hundred bucks with a title? I'd take it and make a rat bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's an early model V-4.
$100 + a couple more hundred to install new cams, and you should be good to go.
Sounds like a good deal to me.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm probably gonna pick it up this weekend, depending on what it looks like (ie: how much work to put into it) If I do I'll post some photos up

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, for the second time....UPDATE!!!!!!

Went to take a look at it today. Has been covered (out of the elements), front tire is flat, about 2inches of dust on it (but can easily be clean) Now for the good news.

One, it only has 9218 miles on it (for an 84 not bad) and secondly....

ITS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Title in hand.

Looks like daddy has a new toy to play with :D :D

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SpeedracerFTP said:
what a deal, you cant lose, buy it!
I don't have to buy it...its FREE!!!!

Just got the title signed over to me.

Not sure if it runs, been sitting two years, battery is dead and I don't think I would want to start without first and oil change and fuel change.

Just have to get it home now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts