Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
That was pretty impressive, made more-so by the fact that it didn't seem to be a couple kids out having a pissing contest.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It did not look like zx10r was really trying. But the numbers are about right. I don't remember if it was this forum or zx-10r.net, but consensus was that the car needs about 700 hp to run with liters, and this supra got 800. I love Supras, I really want to buy one as a project car.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
One sick vid bro :cheers

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
That was sweet! Made the 10 look like it was standing still. I poked around the site and found this...I know I should not laugh...but holy crap it was funny. Especially when she sees how many views lol.
Don't Upload Racy Videos of Your Girlfriend Video

·
Red Dragons
2,887 Posts
Not that impressive that a heavily modded car with 28 lbs of boost can roll away from a STOCK liter bike. Who actually has the money to dump into a car to make close to 1000 hp? What do you think would happen if the bike had equal mods? I don't think I'd even have the balls to run a turbo'ed ZX10 flat out.

·
Florida Flat
1,779 Posts
Holy fuck tacos capt.

Some good stuff.

·
Registered
220 Posts
its at speeds where it takes a exponential amount of horsepower to overcome air resistance. 60 mph is a good rule of thumb on where this kicks in for most cars although where the # of horsepower to overcome inert mass and the # to overcome aerodynamic resistance is a varied and ambigious one. (I would find out how many hp a vehicle needs to obtain an x amount of mph speed in t amount of time in a simulated hypothetical vacuum, then do the same with 0 mass and solve the two equations for hp) There is a nice graph depicting this in "tune to win" by Carol Smith. At this point the detriment isn't overcoming inert mass, but pushing through the air... sheer horsepower is the name of the game within reasonable aerodynamic packages :)

Say hello to Captain obvious though. Just rephrasing what people have posted already

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
It takes way more balls to ride a bike that fast than it does to drive a car that fast. No coordination at all required in a car vs a bike.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It takes way more balls to ride a bike that fast than it does to drive a car that fast. No coordination at all required in a car vs a bike.
Maybe I drove crappy cars, but 140mph in 3000gt was pretty scary for me and the car was stable as a rock, 150 on a bike was not a big deal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts