·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.modbee.com/local/story/8841058p-9729247c.html

By ROSALIO AHUMADA
BEE STAFF WRITER

Last Updated: July 13, 2004, 06:13:45 AM PDT

An 18-year-old man died Monday afternoon after he lost control of his speeding motorcycle and flew over his handlebar into the path of a pickup, Modesto police reported.
The accident occurred at 2:36 p.m. in the 1100 block of Carpenter Road between Kansas and Woodland avenues. The motorcycle driver was taken to a Modesto hospital, where he died a short time later, Sgt. Clint Raymer said.

Authorities said the victim was from Modesto, but withheld his name because relatives had not been notified.

Glenda Breshears, 45, of Modesto was driving her Ford Ranger north on Carpenter Road when she hit the motorcyclist.

"Although the young man was wearing his helmet, he hit his head with the Breshearses' car, causing severe head injuries," Raymer said.

Witnesses told police the cyclist popped a wheelie on his motorcycle, bringing the front wheel off the road. He lost control when he brought the front wheel down on the road and used his front brakes.

The man was apparently speeding on Carpenter Lane toward Carpenter Road and tried to stop, but skidded onto the street, Raymer said.

"He was definitely driving too fast to stop before he entered the roadway," Raymer said.

The motorcyclist flipped onto Carpenter Road, investigators said. Breshears tried unsuccessfully to avoid the motorcyclist by swerving out of the way, Raymer said.

Brock Condit, 27, of Modesto was packing up his gear into his own parked motorcycle when he saw the collision.

"I turned around and saw him coming off the bike, and tumbling on the road," said Condit, a Stanislaus County sheriff's deputy. "I ran out in the road and just stood by him until the firefighters got here."

·
Registered
646 Posts
I hate darwin. But the man never lied.
RIP

·
Registered
558 Posts
sounds like a tankslapper turned highside to me.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Yea. Sounds like he was wheeling and hit both the brakes when he was a vehicle in his path. With his front tire locked up BEFORE it hit the ground, it probably catapulted him in an front endo that would be quite violent.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Flash6R said:
I hate darwin. But the man never lied.
RIP

+1........................ poor twit. RIP

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
damn, can you imagine just driving along and in an instant having to try to avoid a flying dude with a helmet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Remember my post a while back regarding selfish asses that do this crap...?

No pity for him... just any family he has left behind.

Dumbass...

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
99% likely he was a newbie, 99% likely he bought a bike that was too powerful for his skills, 100% sure that he died. HEY NEWBIES! ARE YOU LISTENING???????

·
Registered
454 Posts
i've never understood why everyone is so hard on a new rider that gets killed. the dude is dead, not injured. We all make a TON of mistakes throughout our lives. This guy made a mistake, but it was on a motorcycle, which is much less forgiving. Back in high school I did a lot of dumb shit in my car, but did I DESERVE to die from it? Lighten up folks.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
f4igrad said:
i've never understood why everyone is so hard on a new rider that gets killed. the dude is dead, not injured. We all make a TON of mistakes throughout our lives. This guy made a mistake, but it was on a motorcycle, which is much less forgiving. Back in high school I did a lot of dumb shit in my car, but did I DESERVE to die from it? Lighten up folks.
I agree. I've done tons of stupid shit and still do my fare share. I don't think I deserve to die for any of the things I've done though. Especially a wheelie.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
f4igrad said:
Look I'm sorry for being such an ass on this subject, but I've seen it in person WAY too many times at my old job. Why do you think I'm such an avid "start small" advocate? Because I know......

Did his mistake deserve to get him killed, no I don't think so. I normally don't like "what if" situations, but what if he lived, didn't get hurt, and kept on doing it, and then he kills someone else, does that person deserve to die? I've seen it all, and it disgusts me every time I see this crap.

Again, I do feel for this man's family, BUT I do not feel bad for him, I feel grateful for my family that he is no longer endagering their lives because of his irresponsibility.

Truth hurts.... :dunno

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Look I'm sorry for being such an ass on this subject, but I've seen it in person WAY too many times at my old job. Why do you think I'm such an avid "start small" advocate? Because I know......

Did his mistake deserve to get him killed, no I don't think so. I normally don't like "what if" situations, but what if he lived, didn't get hurt, and kept on doing it, and then he kills someone else, does that person deserve to die? I've seen it all, and it disgusts me every time I see this crap.

Again, I do feel for this man's family, BUT I do not feel bad for him, I feel grateful for my family that he is no longer endagering their lives because of his irresponsibility.

Truth hurts.... :dunno
In that case you might as well knock off half of the dudes 16 to 21 whether they own a bike or not.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i don't think DESERVE is the word your looking for........maybe ASKING to die......

·
Banned
245 Posts
i prefer "deserve"

I got flamed last time because i didn't take sympathy for someone that went around a rail road crossing and got nailed by a Big ass locomotive

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
In that case you might as well knock off half of the dudes 16 to 21 whether they own a bike or not.
Like I said, truth hurts. I've held lifeless toddlers in my arm with hysterical parents clawing at me screaming and crying to give them their baby back. All because of some punk kid, so yeah, I might have a harsh attitude about it, but you haven't seen what I've seen, step into my shoes, then tell me you wouldn't feel the same way.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
yep... I would agree with that statement. When I was in that age categfory I did SOOO much stupid s#it and endangered SOO many lives, that looking back I realize that it would've been better to keep me off the streets (luckily I never DID anything to hurt myself or others).

I have to admit, I was retarded then (as MOST of the new drivers/riders ARE). If I could travel back in time- I'd beat myself half to death.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts