Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a ride last night with a couple of guys and my bike topped out at 157mph or 253Km/hr. Did it a couple of times and one was on a down slope to a flat and that's all I could get out of her. . speed limit there is 110 km/hr LOL good times! :beer

·
Registered
243 Posts
my F4i is different depending on what I'm wearing. My textile Jacket is big on me and drags at high speed. With that on, it tops around (indicated) 155mph-157mph. If I have on a tighter fitting leather jacket or my track jacket with tighter jeans, and tuck really good, the speedo will read up to 169. That's just plain scary fast. :eek: , But if any LEO's are out there, I only do it in Montana, or where the speed limit is 170mph :rolleyes

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
H2Omax1 said:
my F4i is different depending on what I'm wearing. My textile Jacket is big on me and drags at high speed. With that on, it tops around (indicated) 155mph-157mph. If I have on a tighter fitting leather jacket or my track jacket with tighter jeans, and tuck really good, the speedo will read up to 169. That's just plain scary fast. :eek: , But if any LEO's are out there, I only do it in Montana, or where the speed limit is 170mph :rolleyes
LOL

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
MY "buddy" sits up from a tuck at 140 and loses like 50 mph instantly without brake.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
5niner0 said:
MY "buddy" sits up from a tuck at 140 and loses like 50 mph instantly without brake.

A friend of mine does basically the same thing. He sits up a bit and throws out his left arm. After slowing down a bit he throws out his right arm to slow down more.

H20max1 - that "Reasonable and Prudent" stuff in Montana didn't last long. They went to a highway limit of 70mph day, 60mph night (trucks are 10 down from each) many years ago.
Even when it was still "Reasonable and Prudent" they found plenty of excuses to call your driving UNreasonable. Trust me on this.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
And PuffyG - congrats on the PSR (Personal Speed Record). Mine is currently at 135 on an '02 F4i. I imagine I'm too heavy to ever hit 157.

·
Registered
886 Posts
hozhead said:
And PuffyG - congrats on the PSR (Personal Speed Record). Mine is currently at 135 on an '02 F4i. I imagine I'm too heavy to ever hit 157.
Weight has little to do with it. You should be able to hit 157 on the speedo.

Me, I haven't topped it out but I took it to 170. Good chirst it was pulling like it was in 2nd gear until then, then it slowed down to steady climb right about 170. I had a good 4 mile straight with nothing on it but I let off. It would have been unnerving to be at those speeds long enough to top it out. Actually I probably would have run out of road before I topped out.

·
Registered
318 Posts
H2Omax1 said:
Goodness, thats about a 9 on the "pucker scale". Jeans? You would have to put me in one of those break-away capsules like the speed boats have to go that fast :eek:nfloor .

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hozhead said:

:dblthumb thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had my CBR 1100XX up to 240 KPH (about 150 mph). It was not topped out and I backed off because I was getting a little scarred. Here in Japan the average speed limit in town is 40 kph (25 mph), larger multi-lane roads about 60 kph (37 mph), and the expressway is a whopping 80 kph (50 mph). The fastest you can legally go in Japan is 50 mph and that is on the freeway!! I usually never exceed 80 mph and rarely go above 100 mph. The cost of a ticket for riding at 100 mph would be about $500 and license suspension if I got caught!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have no idea since my KDX220 had no speedo, but I left my friends tacoma at 75mph and he was onroad while I was off :)

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
I had my bike out with a friend on his '05 R6. He went down one tooth on the front and 2 up on the back. The bike is quick but is topping out at 140mph.

I couldn't let him think he was fast, so I blew by at 152.

Thanks to the Speedohealer I have proof. (calibrated using GPS for speeds between 60 and 75, so its probably only off by 3mph at this speed)

Attachments

·
Flyin' Low
756 Posts
that picture is confusing me...badly. 152, garage, something about gps, 0 on the tach...yea that about says it all.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Ambitious1 said:
that picture is confusing me...badly. 152, garage, something about gps, 0 on the tach...yea that about says it all.

The Speedohealer has a top speed memory. Turn the key on, hit the button and it will show the highest speed ever acheived. I went down one tooth on the front sprocket so I needed to make my speedometer more accurate.

check it out here.
http://www.speedohealer.com/eng/intro.htm

Another guy we went out with was on a GSXR 1000 with a full exhaust and power commander. His top speed in the memory is just 177mph.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
BLKBRD said:
I've had my CBR 1100XX up to 240 KPH (about 150 mph). It was not topped out and I backed off because I was getting a little scarred. Here in Japan the average speed limit in town is 40 kph (25 mph), larger multi-lane roads about 60 kph (37 mph), and the expressway is a whopping 80 kph (50 mph). The fastest you can legally go in Japan is 50 mph and that is on the freeway!! I usually never exceed 80 mph and rarely go above 100 mph. The cost of a ticket for riding at 100 mph would be about $500 and license suspension if I got caught!!

Damn - you gotta get out of Japan - there's apparently no fun to be had there.

On a side note, all three states I've lived in are over half the size of Japan.
Wyoming is 66% the size of Japan and has 0.39% of the population size.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hozhead said:
Damn - you gotta get out of Japan - there's apparently no fun to be had there.

On a side note, all three states I've lived in are over half the size of Japan.
Wyoming is 66% the size of Japan and has 0.39% of the population size.
Yeah, it sucks that you can't go very fast here. But the nice curves and twisties in the mountains make up for that!!

Side note also. I used to live in Green River, Wyoming in the mid 80's. Ever been there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
04Kanotuna said:
Goodness, thats about a 9 on the "pucker scale". Jeans? You would have to put me in one of those break-away capsules like the speed boats have to go that fast :eek:nfloor .
ha ha. . .I never said it was a good idea, I just said I did it :)

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
MT Wallet said:
to gain even a couple mph in top speed you need a lot of horsepower
Or better aerodynamics. My bike will only do 155mph (drag limited, geared to do 170) but the new 600cc sportbikes will break past 160mph even though they make 30 less horse at the wheel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts