Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike is a 2002 GSX-R 600 and has a little over 15000 miles. i was wandering if there is a 15k service interval, cause i think i heard that somewhere. and if so what all does this involve and about how much does it usually cost?

and on a side note, should this bike be powerful enough to throttle wheelie in first gear? it will come up, but only a few inches and thats at full throttle in first. im new to wheelies though so maybe i just need more practice, and or clutch... :)

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Yeah, it is basically a tune up and valve adjustment, you need it, you never know when the valves are getting close to the head.

That thing should come up with throttle, you are scared and lean forward or get off the throttle before it gets up good. If you bounce it up by whacking the throttle off and back on power wheelies will come up easier, even though I think the clutch is the best.

Anyways, crawl before you walk and don't kill yourself.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, well i was thinking i should. about how much do these 15k services cost? any estiate would help. i just got the bike and dont know too much on whether its in good shape or not, i mean it runs fast! and it sounds good, but i came from a 94 gs500 so this thing not running perfect would still seem fast after that. but i dont really trust any of the motorcycle shops around here. but maybe that 15k would help.

ive tried the rolling off the throttle then back on it thing, but it didnt work. maybe im just doing it wrong, im giving it full throttle though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts