Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It didn't blow out, and it didn't lose seal like I had thought. Apparently, it got a small puncture, so it must have leaked out over a short period of time. The handling just started getting shitty all of the sudden and I couldn't really turn. Good thing I was on a straight. It sucks it didn't start acting up until I was reading in the high 150's... I do feel lucky to be alive.

There were no plugs or patches, they are d208's z rated for 149+ MPH (I believe).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Its kinda hard not to go fast when your on a 7 you know, i mean ive been up around 140 on mine, im sure every one has been up around there, well not all but some, its just temping you know the bike just goes lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
agreed, there was another bike that pullled up next to me, a CBR 600RR, he took off, so I followed. I stayed in 6th gear, and almost kept up with him when he dropped down into 3rd or 4th I ended up topping out over him though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have to agree with kawzx7 before saturday i had only did like 120 so i was on my 45 mile ride back home from a party at 3am and i was the only one on the rode so i opened her up to 145 and i would not think about going any faster that was crazy. It felt like my skin was turned into mush but it was fun. :headbang

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't see how there should be any skepticism about me getting a flat at that speed and it not crashing, I stated, I THINK it leaked slowly, it definetly did not blow out. However, after I pulled over, it was flat and I found the puncture in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If my tire had went flat at 150 I wouldn't worry about how it did it. I would be too busy thanking GOD that I was still breathing. I hit at least 150-155 every time we ride on my 7r. As soon as I think about something like my tire blowing out, I slow down real fast. YOURE BAD LUCKY

·
Registered
5,025 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stonecoldchavez said:
According to SportRider magazine....158mph.

Stone
And the last issue of sportrider mag, did an article on speedometer error. The results after testing should most bikes were off by as much as 20mph at their top speed. They where around 10mph off around the 60-70mph range...

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
True.......but the ZX-7R's speedo's are more accurate. They are not gear-driven; the speedo cable is hooked up to the left fork leg and not off the tranny.

Stone

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.