Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Blah, blah, blah... My story is that I live in Switzerland and bcuz of the wonderful roadrules of this great country I have no other option than to ride a 125cc bike for 2 years before I can start using the real stuff. I'm a pretty skinny guy, but pretty tall (over 6'3)..which makes a 125 sport bike a little "uncomfortably" small for me..at least from what I've seen that's available in the catagory. I own a Shadow 125, which is a damn sexy bike (no matter what you say!) and is a good size for me. But what I'd really like to do is trade it in for something faster, A SPORT BIKE! So far all that's sparked my interest is the NSR, though I've heard some mixed opinions about it. Would I "fit" on it???

Cheers

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
well, we don't have too many 125's in the U.S. , so i don' think you'll find alot of help here.

i wish the U.S.. had some sort of tiered system like you have.......

·
Registered
522 Posts
i wish we had street legal 2 strokes around, but those days are long gone. Aprilia or Honda is what i would choose between. good luck.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
RACER X said:
well, we don't have too many 125's in the U.S. , so i don' think you'll find alot of help here.

i wish the U.S.. had some sort of tiered system like you have.......
Oh Racer X...did you start on a 125? LOL

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I'm currently riding an RS250 and I've got two friends with RS125's, I've ridden the RS125 and for what it is I really like it. I'd also suggest if you want a faster 125 to look into the TZ's, great bikes. I'm somewhat biased because I rarely ride on the street anymore, mainly track riding, and TZ250's are always blowing me away on the straights, and I'm not closing the gap on the curves against them at all (unlike all the 600's that I blow right by :bananafu:

I'm American, but I live in Italy for the next 2 years, American's have no respect for my bike, until I invite them to come to a track day, and leave their b***** bike in the dust =D I wish America did have street legal 2-strokes too.

Back on topic though, I'd suggest the RS125 or a TZ125 or even the Honda NSR125, although those are slightly more spendy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts