Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guy on his sportbike got a $12,000 speeding ticket in my area for going 263 km/hr on the highway. Not sure of the details of how he got caught or what he was riding but thought it was something interesting!! Always wondered how much it would have been if I got caught doing that! Now I know.

·
Registered
844 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dammit! and just when I thought I was contributing something new....

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
In my province, Newfoundland, police are not permitted to engage in high speed persuit of motorcycles unless they are posing iminent (sp?) danger to others (i.e. stunting on a "busy" highway / road). I know Alberta (especially northern alberta up around fort mcmurray) the law enforcement community is coming down hard on traffic violators, especially speeding. Route 63, which I travel every day, is one of, if not the most dangerous highways in north america (possibly the world). This is due mostly to everybody being in such a damn rush to get to/from work. Passing when unsafe to do so etc. And fueled by drivers sticking in the "passing" or median lane doing barely the posted limit, thus impeding traffic flow.

·
Registered
279 Posts
In my province, Newfoundland, police are not permitted to engage in high speed persuit of motorcycles unless they are posing iminent (sp?) danger to others (i.e. stunting on a "busy" highway / road). I know Alberta (especially northern alberta up around fort mcmurray) the law enforcement community is coming down hard on traffic violators, especially speeding. Route 63, which I travel every day, is one of, if not the most dangerous highways in north america (possibly the world). This is due mostly to everybody being in such a damn rush to get to/from work. Passing when unsafe to do so etc. And fueled by drivers sticking in the "passing" or median lane doing barely the posted limit, thus impeding traffic flow.
Police are not permitted to do allot of stuff....somehow it still happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts