Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I should really go and try one out... maybe i'll take a road trip to chicago in a couple weeks.

If the bastige sees this- maybe we should stop by and take a spin?

:D

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Pics? Specs? C'mon this thread sucks so far lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I rode one for the second time today. I love it, but its not perfect .

1. Mirrors kind of have a fish eye to them.
2. Rear brake petal is really low
3. A little vibration in the bars above 75 ( bar snake )

:leghump

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been consistantly in the 20's with wind chills in the single digits here in Central PA so I haven't had my test ride yet. The dealer finally gets one in and the weather turns on me.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I saw a black one when I was in Chicago last week... looks OK, but it doesn't do it for me. I was hoping for a more "GS-Adventure-esque" type of bike. This is just a Multistrada (bit better looking than a multi)

I have ridden a speed 3 with the 1050 lump though... NICE ENGINE!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm pretty sure this bike is going to be the replacement for my Buell M2, I just need to ride one. I've ridden the 955 Tiger and liked it a whole lot but I like the looks of the new one and, from what I've read, the 1050 motor is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Bib (the Michelin man) checks in with a report on the new Tiger:

The Triumph Tiger has dropped its pretence of offroad ability to give 100% to on-the-road efficiency. Not only has its versatility been kept intact, but it also provides a worthy home for the fabulous three-cylinder engine.

The trend reversal is rather sharp, from a very GT-oriented previous version with some offroading capabilities (rolling tracks a must) to a much sharper upgrade, which is in fact an all-rounder, like its predecessor. The big Triumph road/trail bike's transition from 955 to 1,050 cc goes hand in hand with an in-depth makeover. Although it has been lowered, the seat height immediately convinces you that you are on a trail bike, but all the attributes of the Tiger are worthy of a sporty roadster.

tons more HERE

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Greg, I stll have not had the oppurtunity to ride one. I sat on a black one yesterday. The salesman said they just sold their demo to a guy who came by to have his other bike serviced, took the Tiger out for a ride and bought that blue demo on the spot. Just my luck.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I didn't like it at first.. wanted to see a more "GS Adventure" type of Tiger... but I am warming to it.
I think it's a much better street bike than the new ST... better suspenders, better riding position. It'll be a winner! :dblthumb

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish the bags were included like on the ST. The salesman said that only one of the four or five he's sold went with the bags. $1000 is a bit much and the right side bag has a cutout for the high mount can. I still want one.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
ME-Rider said:
I wish the bags were included like on the ST. The salesman said that only one of the four or five he's sold went with the bags. $1000 is a bit much and the right side bag has a cutout for the high mount can. I still want one.

knowing Triumph... give it six months & they'll be including bags...
they always seem to panic early & start spilling the candy in the lobby (old salesman's adage) :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts