Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as I posted up a while ago I have a track day coming up this Sat (23rd). I just checked the weather forecast and Buttonwillow is a balmy 105 degrees!!!

I am just wondering if anyone has any tips for riding the track in such high temps. What can I expect from my tires? Is it possible for them to get so hot they get too greasy? I am running on a Michelin Power on the rear and a Metz M1 on the front (will be going Power in front too when I need a new one).

What about my bike over heating? I have ridden in 100+ weather before, but never at the track.

And obviously I will be drinking plenty of water and gatorade.

Hopefully I will get some good pics to post up afterwards.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Pay attention to your body. If you feel tired, sit out a session and recover. I'm sure you'll get over heated before your bike will. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The bike wont be a prob , mine never over heated there , neither do most other peoples purpose built racebikes . LIke mentioned above dont really worry about the bike take care of yourself .

Now about the tires , have you ridden trackdays before, if so and your a faster rider youll be able to feel the tires . If your a newer trackday rider i do suggest swaping the front to a matching rear , your current setup is a stickier rear than front .

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
redcbrla said:
So, as I posted up a while ago I have a track day coming up this Sat (23rd). I just checked the weather forecast and Buttonwillow is a balmy 105 degrees!!!

I am just wondering if anyone has any tips for riding the track in such high temps. What can I expect from my tires? Is it possible for them to get so hot they get too greasy? I am running on a Michelin Power on the rear and a Metz M1 on the front (will be going Power in front too when I need a new one).

What about my bike over heating? I have ridden in 100+ weather before, but never at the track.

And obviously I will be drinking plenty of water and gatorade.

Hopefully I will get some good pics to post up afterwards.
Take a damn canopy and chairs too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts