Sport Bikes banner

You could have either; which would you buy?

• '05 Honda 1000RR

Votes: 70 43.2%
  • '05 Yamaha R1

Votes: 92 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you like better? Lets do some statistics....

A. Honda 1000RR

B. Yamaha R1

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Pretty similar, IMO. Honda is generally more reliable and not everybody and their uncle has one. I'd get the Honda because it's not as common as the R1.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
To be honest I don't like either one any better than the other. They are both great bikes.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
prwest said:
Yes both are amazing bikes but, the honda looks better. :)

Not even close in looks....R1 kills the 1000RR :pisson in that department...but then again I may be a tad biased

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
prwest said:
Yes both are amazing bikes but, the honda looks better. :)
Raven R1 said:
Not even close in looks....R1 kills the 1000RR :pisson in that department...but then again I may be a tad biased
Great, here comes the subjective opinons! "Wait that one's better looking!" "No, mines better looking!" :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
706 Posts
ASharpMind said:
A. Honda 1000RR
Ummmmm......It's a Honda. Of course this is the one.

Nah, not really, I have just heard that it is a more balanced performer. I've never ridden anything but my bike, really, so I have to go by what I hear from more experienced riders.

And I gotta agree with Mike, don't see to many 1000RR's around here compared to R1's.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Bad Habit said:
And I gotta agree with Mike, don't see to many 1000RR's around here compared to R1's.
Maybe because higher $. Hondas seem to hold their value, whether it be their cars or bikes so if you're an owner, good for you. Sucks when you're on the buyer-end of things.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I prefer the looks of the Yamaha over the Honda, I read somewhere that the Yamaha produces a lot of heat from that underseat exhaust and you can really feel it sitting at lights and traffic. I don't know about the Honda though. Both are great bikes could not go wrong with either one.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
son123 said:
I prefer the looks of the Yamaha over the Honda, I read somewhere that the Yamaha produces a lot of heat from that underseat exhaust and you can really feel it sitting at lights and traffic. I don't know about the Honda though. Both are great bikes could not go wrong with either one.
You dont get much heat from undertails, it has to travel through a lot of seat foam and plastic to get to you, so really it isnt an issue.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
R1 hands down. And in some areas of the world, they are not all over. I live 45 minutes from Philly and have only seen one other one locally.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Yeah, the heat from the R1 comes from the engine, not the cans. Mine seems to be primarily the left side. It is a minor inconvenience at worst. And I certainly hope you tell us what you bought. Glad you are arriving home safe and sound too!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts