Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about two weeks ago, before I got the ZX9, I had seen one of the guys I ride with, OJ, and his 1000RR. Little did I know, that was the last time I'd see it in new condition. He was saying he was trying to sell it and I was happy for him and all that. But two days after I returned from Washington, DC...he dropped it...and by drop it, I mean flipped the mofo several times. He was in the hospital for 2 days for his right ankle.

This is kinda what his bike used to look like:

This is what it looks like now (forgive the quality, I'll take better ones tomorrow, this is just a preview):

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
too bad to see that bike go down, someone will buy it as long as the damage is just superficial, and use it as a track bike.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
RIP to such a nice bike.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sucks about the bike, and luckily for him it was only an ankle.

·
Registered
601 Posts
OH well shit happens. I dont see how people crash bikes and actually get hurt. I've been down multiple times with no injuries. Guess i'm more lucky then others!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
:3eek thats funny! :lol your joking right? :(

Don't feed the trolls.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
hyabusa said:
OH well shit happens. I dont see how people crash bikes and actually get hurt. I've been down multiple times with no injuries. Guess i'm more lucky then others!
Luck does have something to do with it, but the problem is luck runs out. Wanna give us a synopsis (summary) of your multiple downs? If they were all low speed lowsides than it's not surprising that you haven't had any injuries. Wait till you have a 100mph+ highside and then tell me you didn't get hurt (I came out relatively unscathed, broken collarbone, wrist, 2 fingers, and bruised ribs.)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Even going down a city speed limit can mean busted bones not to mention road rash & possibly toren muscles, tendions or ligaments.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
What a waste of a sweet bike. :(

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Twinsen, maybe you could get it cheap and fix her up.......

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He was trying to do a wheelie, and got big headed. He did one. Stopped, turned around, started to do another one and then looped it hard. And it was his left knee, not his right ankle. I saw/spoke with him yesterday on my day out. Which I'll post some video I captured of me and my friend riding our local twisties in a moment.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Updated Pictures As Promised!

So we loaded the once shiny and purdy bike up in my dad's truck today, when I thought to myself, "I owe Sportbikes.Net pictures!" So I whipped out my spy cam and here we go...

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
ouch! bummer him AND the bike. :a2

what's with all the red pics?? ya have a filter on that baby or what? ;) :D

glad he's ok.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts