Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking into getting a snake a few months back, and the one i wanted was about $100 and it was a scarlet king snake. well, because i didnt have a job at the time i had to pass on it. well low and behold when i pulled in my driveway, a beutiful scarlet king snake was just sitting there, i couldnt believe it!!! i double checked to make sure it wasn't the poisonus coral snake (im sure you heard this before: "red by black your okay jack, red by yellow can kill a fellow"), and sure enough, it was a small (about 10") scarlet king snake!!! i picked it up and it was very dosile, it wasnt jumpy or anything i brought it in and put it in my aquarium and am going to the pet shop tomorrow to get some stuff for the tank :phatyo

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
cool find, hope to see some pics of the new pet soon.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Only in Florida... If I saw a 10 foot snake in my driveway I would freak out and grab my axe.

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
I think he meant a 10 inch king snake. You'd only need to grab your hatchet.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah it is a beutiful snake, even tho its not quite as bright as the ones in the petshops because its from the wild and not specifically bred as a pet, im still very happy with it. pics will come as soon as i can get a hold of a camera again, i will also post pics of my baby iguana too!, just for the hell of it.

BTW: i need some name ideas, would like some suggestions

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
wescoas1 said:
Only in Florida... If I saw a 10 foot snake in my driveway I would freak out and grab my axe.

10' or 10" I'd not be pleased to find a snake in my driveway. I'd be even less pleased if my wife found it first and crapped herself. That is just not sexy.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol, i like snakes!.....the big ones get rid of rats, and the small ones get rid of insects. whats so bad about that?

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
Curious as to what they look like?

Oh and my vote is for roadkill as well...either that or bullshit :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reckless01 said:
:needpics
nitrotc3drifter said:
pics will come as soon as i can get a hold of a camera again, i will also post pics of my baby iguana too!, just for the hell of it.
im trying!!!!!

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
no i wanna see it!! arent they kind of rare? I have never seen one in my 29 years in Fl, i was curious as to where they lived and all. Is it eating in captivity?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i did some research, and you only have to feed it once a week, when i picked it up out of my driveway, it had a bulge in it, so it had some food, i threw a little lizard in there with it, but it hasnt ate it yet, if it doesn't eat by next week i will have to send it back to the wild, because its a rare snake and would hate to see it die. i still havent got a camera to get the pics yet, but i will get one soon

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
you sometimes have to "forcefeed" snakes in captivity. I used to do that with the red rat snakes i caught as a kid. Just hold em behind the head and slap em around with the frog or whatever. They open their mouth and you shove it in. The teeth are hooked twards the back so they cant spit it out easily so down it goes. I did that one time with a beetle and found out why snakes dont eat them. The beetle actually CRAWLED OUT the side of the snake. It looked like a movie or something man, it was sick to watch. The beetle actually clawed its way through the snakes body fron the inside and crawled out between its ribs. The snake was left with a gaping hole in its side. I thought it was going to die but the next day it was a puckered wound. 3 days later you couldnt find the spot. And it lived a long time after that until i released it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts