Sport Bikes banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
lecchilo said:
Looks awesome bro... I would just attach it with 2 more screws closer to the tail light... what did you paint it with, matte black?

Frame makes it look much much better also

Yeah, it sits a bit low towards the top, ill end up putting a screw on each side this weekend for sure. As far as the paint, its a high temp bbq black. I had some left over from the frame, so i thought it might be a nice touch to match everything up, ya know?

·
Registered
509 Posts
raized1199 said:
Looks very good, Bro.
+1 on the plate.

Hey Raized,

I took the idea from you, and some other forum members :bowdown . Thought it looked sick on your bike, well your bike is sick, period. But like the idea of it sitting that far down, now i just need to wire an LED light down there, or maybe not.... Haha. We'll see. =)

Thanks for the comments guys! :beer

ps. just got back from a ride, started to feel my back end slip a bit around turns, was just around the corner from my house when i noticed my rear is low on air........... i found a nail in it. Oh well, time for a replacement. I think im gonna go with some corsa III's

·
Registered
505 Posts
Spoke to a guy from the metal shop today...
I guess the part I was quoted for before was much cheaper steel or the firm got more expensive... nonetheless, here are the prices I was quoted today...

1= $195
25=$13.25
50=$9.75
100=$7.18

If people are interested, e-mail me at [email protected]... if/once there are enough people who send an e-mail saying they're interested, I'll check with the post office how much shipping would be and ask for a deposit from all those people... I would imagine 50 or more would be a good price, but even paying $20 shipped for the piece is better for many than spending time cutting stuff yourself... I doubt shipping is more than $5-6 btw

Adam, can you please chime in on how much it cost to ship the piece through UPS?

Keep in mind, these will not be painted, just cut out "perfectly"... perfectly meaning that I'm going to cut out the thing based on my drawing on some thicker paper on a laser cutter in school, hopefully Monday, and see how it fits... I will adjust my drawings according to how the paper fits numerous times, keep cutting new paper and checking again... once it's perfect I'll see if we have enough interested people to send the order to the shop... I'm very anal, so whoever is interested in the piece can rest assured that if it's good enough for me, it will most likely be good enough for you haha

Again, I do not want to make even a $0.01 from this, but I also don't want to lose any money... people who e-mail me, please include your name on the forums, real name, and zip code at least... also, please note in the e-mail what price you would be interested in... if we have 24 people who don't mind the $13.25 price and 1 who wants $9.75, it would be easy for everyone to send an extra $0.50 so the guy can get his piece...
lastly, it would be much cheaper to send a few pieces to the same zip code and people who live close to each other can split the shipping, thus why I'm asking for a zip in the e-mail

The end :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
lecchilo said:
Spoke to a guy from the metal shop today...
I guess the part I was quoted for before was much cheaper steel or the firm got more expensive... nonetheless, here are the prices I was quoted today...

1= $195
25=$13.25
50=$9.75
100=$7.18

If people are interested, e-mail me at [email protected]... if/once there are enough people who send an e-mail saying they're interested, I'll check with the post office how much shipping would be and ask for a deposit from all those people... I would imagine 50 or more would be a good price, but even paying $20 shipped for the piece is better for many than spending time cutting stuff yourself... I doubt shipping is more than $5-6 btw

Adam, can you please chime in on how much it cost to ship the piece through UPS?

Keep in mind, these will not be painted, just cut out "perfectly"... perfectly meaning that I'm going to cut out the thing based on my drawing on some thicker paper on a laser cutter in school, hopefully Monday, and see how it fits... I will adjust my drawings according to how the paper fits numerous times, keep cutting new paper and checking again... once it's perfect I'll see if we have enough interested people to send the order to the shop... I'm very anal, so whoever is interested in the piece can rest assured that if it's good enough for me, it will most likely be good enough for you haha

Again, I do not want to make even a $0.01 from this, but I also don't want to lose any money... people who e-mail me, please include your name on the forums, real name, and zip code at least... also, please note in the e-mail what price you would be interested in... if we have 24 people who don't mind the $13.25 price and 1 who wants $9.75, it would be easy for everyone to send an extra $0.50 so the guy can get his piece...
lastly, it would be much cheaper to send a few pieces to the same zip code and people who live close to each other can split the shipping, thus why I'm asking for a zip in the e-mail

The end :)
We get a good discount at work so it was like 4.75 UPS. It would be around 6-7 dollars regular. Probably even cheaper at the post office USPS.

·
Registered
505 Posts
adamp961 said:
We get a good discount at work so it was like 4.75 UPS. It would be around 6-7 dollars regular. Probably even cheaper at the post office USPS.
Sounds good... alright well I'm going to try cutting, etc. monday... e-mail me who ever is interested

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've received a couple PMs and only 1 e-mail...

Please send me an e-mail so I can keep count there easier... also, I don't want my PM box here getting filled up
E-mail is [email protected]

Include in e-mail:

name (first name only is fine)
forum name
zip code
$$ you're willing to pay ($13.25+s&h, $9.75+s&h, or $7.18+s&h)

·
Registered
504 Posts
email sent, thank you for doing this for us

·
Registered
504 Posts
I meant getting the metal cut

·
Registered
504 Posts
never mind

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nassty said:
any news? don't wanna let this die.
Only 6 people have contacted me so far... the only good part is everyone's fine with the lowest quantity/highest price... 19 more, well 18, and I'll send it to be cut... as for me getting the template perfected, I have cut it once, and had to adjust it a bit... I actually took off the rear plastic and tried fitting it to that... I've had trouble signing up for the laser cutter at school, but I expect to finish perfecting the drawings by the end of this week.

·
Registered
505 Posts
ZZR600LEO said:
Curiosity as there are so many posts here. What are we potentially signing up for?
If we can get 25 people interested, I would send a drawing of the undertail to a metal shop and they would laser cut all 25... I would then ship them out to whoever left a deposit... the pros would be you wouldn't have to go to the store, buy stuff, cut it out, try to fit, cut again, etc... cons would be you'll probably pay about $5-10 more to have this cut and shipped...

I mentioned before, I don't want to make any money off this, so if we do get the 25 interested people, I'll take a deposit of the exact amount needed for cutting and shipping the pieces... I will not be one of the interested people anymore since I'm trying to sell my bike (miss my E36 too much) but I still won't have a problem getting the drawings perfect since I will just remove the rear plastic and go according to that...

·
Registered
17 Posts
E-mail sent for the undertail......

Just bought a 2007 ZZR last Thursday.....
Great forums BTW...very helpful!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
ddub I got your e-mail...

So far there are 8 people interested... I'm a possible 9, but like I said, I'm trying to sell the bike, so idk if I want to cut up the trunk and potential buyer wants the trunk... I'll probably spend the $20 either way just so the 24, if we get that many, can get theirs... I signed up for the laser cutter today, doing it Friday morning... Friday evening I'll take off the rear plastic and try to get the drawings done

·
Thread killer
896 Posts
Dude, if you have a laser cutter at school, why not just punch them all out at once? Then you could make money on it and sell it cheaper.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts